Metallica - Creeping Death (cover)

Got inspired last night and put this cover of Metallica’s Creeping Death together. Have had this one simmering away for a while as it was my backup option at the last Open Mic.
Recorded two guitar tracks using my Solar’s via my Katana Artist Mk1 (one using a downloaded tone I have tweaked and the other using one of my tones) then into my (new!) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4. Tracks panned slightly left & right with a backing track centered.
Video captured using two instances of OBS running simultaneously to get different camera angles for each track.
Audio captured in Reaper.
Video edited/rendered in DaVinci Resolve.
Thanks for watching! Comments/feedback/tips welcomed :metal:

23 Likes

Very well done.
Love the guitar skills!!!

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out, Rene! Really appreciate your kind words :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Wow Jeff! Those are some serious chops you have developed. Very very impressive. I don’t think I could play like that even if I practiced for 10 years. Superb!

1 Like

That was good Jeff! Adding two guitar tracks really thickened up the sound. Sounded awesome, really fast playing, couldn’t fault it from my part. I was wondering if you were going to do the solo on one guitar while doing rhythm on another but no… would have been a really hard solo.

I thought it was great dude, a great way to start Monday.

lol! :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks @Eddie_09!! :smiley: Very kind! Well, I am sure that’s not true :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and would add I’m in awe of your singing-whilst-playing chops good Sir! Your voice and phrasing are always an inspiration! Thanks again for checking this out :sunglasses:

Thank @jkahn! Yeah, I liked the idea of having both Solars to add some depth. I am actually still on the fence about which of those guitars I prefer, I think I just like both, which I guess is a good thing, although sometimes it depends on the day! :sweat_smile:

:joy: I know! Would have loved to… but I’m just not that good! :joy:

I have recently tried rolling chords and Greensleeves, which are both really hard and beyond me at the moment! :sweat_smile: I have seen you smashing that out, so you definitely have skills I could learn from! :saluting_face: :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve always thought Greensleeves could do with some chug-chug :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:metal: :joy:

Hi Jeff,
What a start of the musical morning (sitting here before 9 o’clock listening to you at serious sound level). :sunglasses: :clap: :sunglasses: :metal:… I enjoyed the first seconds to the last :man_bowing:(but only the head), I almost flew upstairs to see my cut-off denim jacket full of skulls, Metallica, Slayer and others sewn on to look up stuff (I thought we had talked about it before?) and to spend the whole day on Metal… but on second thought that will come later and I will now continue with my little/quiet Blues stuff :blush:
Thanks…

1 Like

Great job there! Not an easy song to play - neither the rhythm or lead parts!

It’s on my own todo list, but that first climbing lick in the solo is currently kicking my ass at full speed :wink:

1 Like

I have nothing to say but :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

1 Like

Hi Jeff, you are so far beyond my playgrade, I can’t even see your backlights :joy: and metal isn’t my way to go, but one can see your technical skills without glasses and I really enjoyed listening. Also :clap: :clap: :clap: for the production, very cool.

1 Like

Thanks @roger_holland! Morning metal is one of my favourite ways to start the day, but picking I might be in the minority on that one! :joy:

Aw man, that would be awesome to see!!! Please, please, please tell me that is actually hanging up in your wardrobe?!! :metal::laughing:
Thanks so much for checking this out and your kind words :hugs:

Thanks @Kasper! Truly high praise coming from a shredder like yourself! :metal:

I would LOVE to see that!! I hope you do post it sometime! Yeah, that solo seems pretty nuts, that level of playing is so far beyond my sights right now I can’t even see it poking over the horizon yet! :sweat_smile: With your talents I’m sure you’ll have it locked down in no time! :guitar: :smiley: :+1:

Thanks @DarrellW!!! So stoked you checked it out and glad you liked it!! :metal::metal::metal:

Thanks @Helen0609!!! Really appreciate your kind words and for checking this out, especially when it is not necessarily your thing :hugs: I can totally understand that for some it would sound mostly like noise, well that’s what my wife says anyway! :joy: Glad you liked it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Wow some terrific metal playing Jeff. Loved the tone you had and your fingers were flying across the fretboard(s). Not a genre I’m into but I can appreciate the skill level to achieve what you showed us there. Super video editing skills too. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much for your kind words, Gordon!!! Really appreciate you checking it out and glad you liked it! :smiley: :+1:

That was my first time using DaVinci Resolve as a video editor. Really liked it, very easy to use and lots of powerful features. @jkahn has used it a bit already I believe and had very good results too. I recommend it to anyone looking for a free video editor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holly [expletive] Jeff… that was insanely good!
This is the sort of thing I envisioned myself doing when I first played some ‘Guitar Hero’ back in the day :rofl:

No feedback or tips are even remotely applicable from me… Just extreme jealousy of your tech setup and your ability to shred like that with those guitars. so good mate :fire:

1 Like

Wow thank you so much, Sandro! Super appreciate your feedback, very generous! :smiley:

:sweat_smile: I was the same when playing RockSmith! :joy:

1 Like

A few weeks ago it was downstairs along with some T-shirts with some disturbing images and texts … especially Slayer’s really not possible to wear anymore with such a skull and German war helmet and the Air Force (say in German ) :grimacing: :blush:… I still really like metal but I haven’t worn the clothes for many years (I was really hardcore :see_no_evil:). I wanted to take pictures of it but forgot about that and now it’s back in boxes in the super small hard-to-reach attic… If my wife goes up there again (probably at Christmas) I’ll let her take the box back… :wink:
Greetings…

1 Like

That’s too bad…good excuse :wink:. We’ll remind you next Christmas! :+1:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:
My dear Andrea, I take a picture with the clothes on the table, if I put it on it looks a bit KUCH KUCH, dated :roll_eyes:
And the accessories (which a school teacher sometimes borrowed when they had a party (including 1 t-shirt) gave me the appearance of a special gay man a few years ago with black leather gear and many metal points…(oooo, now I stop because in confession way too much almost everything)

Ooo no I see Brian typing :see_no_evil:

Good morning Brian after a few days of absence :grin:

3 Likes