Module 2 Practice

Hi Jason.
I have selected various quotes to give an overview and general comment.

You have rushed and reached the end of Grade 3.
That is something we often see in people who come in frustration due to having rushed, to not having made solid and really embedded the absolute essentials that give the bedrock foundation upon which everything else can be built.
My advice to you would be to go back to the practice / consolidation part of Grade 1, swallow a bit of humble pie, and really work there until you have the basics working well. Then work through Grade 2 again. And learn songs, learn songs, learn songs. You have the app. Play along with tens, dozens, scores of songs.

I have written this in several places to several people in a similar situation to you.

Beginner Grade 1 has 75 lessons plus essential consolidation.
Each lesson requires at least one day of practice time but by the end of Grade 1, in Modules 5, 6 and 7, I would say that to do the learning justice and really get solid in the basics, each lesson should respectfully be given several days or a week or more, each of the seven modules probably starting at one week for module 1 up to several weeks for module 7. I would even go so far as to suggest treating each module number as a guide to the weeks required, including learning and playing songs.
Modules 1 to 7 = 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 = 28 weeks. That is more than six months just there.

Grade 2 has 68 lessons. And as the learning ramps up the technical challenge and skill, each lesson and each module will require extended time to really get to grips with. I would suggest a similar approach.
Modules 8 to 14 = 8 + 9 + 10 + 11 + 12 + 13 + 14 = 77 weeks. That is more than a year. Okay - those cumulative totals are on the very high side. Even if you thought them exaggerated over-estimates and took off 25 weeks, it would still amount to a calendar year. But I would rather encourage taking more time over the opposite of not taking enough time and hitting a brick wall of frustration.

I hope that helps.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard | JustinGuitar Approved Teacher, Official Guide & Moderator

2 Likes

Alright thx allot for the reply Richard i will surely take your advice in consideration while re practicing or " re doing " the grades 1 to 3 . :smiley: