Module 8 Practice

Just wanted to say learning Wonderwall in this module was an absolute game changer for my playing. I know that the 16th strumming is talked about more in the intermediate course, but I was DETERMINED to learn the strumming pattern to make this song sound the way it should and the feeling I got when I finally nailed it is indescribable. I spent a few hours over the weekend on JUST that song and, when I decided to take a break and practice some of the songs from grade 1, I noticed I had improved in both my strumming and chord changes (even though the grade 1 songs donā€™t use the ā€œstuckā€ chords). Anyway, all of that to reinforce that practicing songs really is the way to go if you want to get better (or, suck less, which is a term Iā€™ve recently adopted :joy:). After all, isnā€™t the reason weā€™re learning all of this is so we can play songs?

5 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: No sound in the Practice Assistant video for Level 8 Songs using Stuck 3 & 4 chords!

Hi everyone, what is your approach when it comes to pass to the next module? I can play play 2 songs with 3/4 stuck chords, play the e minor scale at 120 bpm, and I have nearly mastered the wish you were here riff. But Iā€™m still practicing C and G chord changes, which I can do 60 a minute but when it comes to play a song every time I have to play C is far from perfect. Should I keep learning new stuff and adding more things to the pile or try to master the basics before I learn anything new?

1 Like

Carlos,

In my opinion, youā€™re ready to continue. Just keep practicing the C-G change as you continue. Youā€™ll be using that chord change alot in your guitar journey, so this shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Yes.
Learn a disciplined method so you always have something solid to build on. Ideally, alternate picking if you are now using that technique.

Either Stuck 3&4 or open or a combination is good.

Iā€™ve collaged this to help me with the main stuck 3&4 chords, hope it can help someone else as well.

2 Likes