More than Words by Extreme - my humble attempt :)

Well guys you challenge and I deliver (thanks @DarrellW your reply under one of my post really kicked start it all even though the song was on my bucket list for a very long time)! :smiley:

I started to learn the song around 2 months ago as per my entry in LL. I was about to do a progress update every now and then but turns out I went abroad to visit family, I had only my small classic guitar to play around with so no recording kit then and after I came back I had pretty much most of the song cracked except singing along. And that is what I have been working on for last 1+ month and now may I present to you the final outcome :wink:

Song was quite simple from chords point of view, nothing really out of the ordinary here which I haven’t played in the past already. As always those A minor shaped barre chords are pigs to switch over to but I think I managed to do those okay. As for solo goes still work in progress which I will play with still probably until next OM event :slight_smile: I think still the version I found is bit off from the original but again, best one I managed to find. Hopefully you will hear a better version or at least better played one then!

Recording kit same as in my 74-75 cover, just added a few extra backing vocal sections to spice things up. Actually speaking of the song above I think in the end The Connells hit was more complicated than MTW to me which paid a favour as instead of probably spending on the track 6 months I managed to learn it in 2 :slight_smile: Honest feedback always welcomed, few bumps on the road but hey - what’s new?! :smiley:

19 Likes

Great job; That playing and use of your voice all combined in a simultanuous run.
Impressive my dear friend!!!

SOLID playing and I’ll repeat until you’re all fed up with it; try playing standing
up for better vocal support for that extra touch stability!

1 Like

Marvelous Adrian.
Worth the months of work for sure.

1 Like

Thank you Lieven and Richard, always appreciate your warm words of encouragement!

@LievenDV I know but my playing while standing up leaves a lot to say about hence I always resist temptation :joy: might be a fun challenge perhaps for next Community Open Mic event!

Super good Adrian. Not a humble attempt at all, a great performance. Slick playing!

Wonderful! Great playing and I amazed at your ability to hit the higher singing notes.

I like the easy, relaxed percussion.

That was excellent, really nice to listen to.

Very nice work Adrian. Each time I hear/watch you play I see you slip into the groove and own it in such a comfortable way. You take ownership more easily. You’re blending with your guitar, your music and the creative expression of it all so well.

2 Likes

Bravo, Adrian. An impressive performance in every respect.

1 Like

Like like like like it :+1::+1::+1:
Very nicely done, your vocals were really great, you handled the falsetto very well and got the dynamics right!
It’s definitely not a song for the faint hearted to play and your confidence to play it shines through.
Definitely a pat on the back and a sugar lump for this one :grin::laughing::joy:

2 Likes

Loved that Adi. A great cover of a great song, which I thought you nailed. Some high vocals in there as well, which you manged just fine. And what a brilliant ending.

Only thing for me was at times the guitar sounded a little quite but that is the only critique.

P.S. Are you able to sort the sun out? It kept casting you in to shadow. :smiley:

1 Like

Wonderful Adrian. Way beyond my play grade to give you any critique. I can only hope to be playing as well as you in the future. Impressive playing and singing mate.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,
Cool :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :bouquet: :bouquet:
deep bow etc etc…Bis bis bis… :smiley:
Greetings ,Rogier

1 Like

Very nice Adi! Played well and the vox fit in like a glove. I liked your staked backing vox too! You sure are loose and at ease, or so it seems! Good stuff for sure! All the other elements are there as well. Just a sweet production through and through!

Keep them coming mate!
LB

2 Likes

JK, Joshua, Phil, Maggie, David, Darrell, James, Roger, LBro and Stefan - many thanks for the listen! :blush:

1 Like

You nailed that one Adrien!!

Great playing and singing… sounds great. Easy to hear that you have put down a lot of work on it. Sounds like a difficult song to sing…

1 Like

A professional performance there Adrian. Just superb mate in every way. A terrific listen, and those higher registers - WOW!

:+1::medal_sports::heart:

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Well Adrian, I could just repeat all of the above comments for what I think. I’m kinda speechless for what else to say. Your dedication investing the time to get it right impresses me even more than your superb performance.
(Doesn’t need a solo :wink:)

1 Like

This is such a great song. The true meaning of the song might surprise you.

I thought your vocals were great, nice harmonies and great falsetto. Really enjoyed listening to that. The ending was a really sweet note.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks Trond for appreciating the hard work, Shane for the medal, Brian for speechlessness and John for an interesting point about lyrics. :smile:

I haven’t known about any other than it being about love word being less important than showing your feelings, is there anything I haven’t known about? Hopefully you can spill the beans :grin: all the best.