Music Theory Grade 1 Test

Are you ready to PASS GRADE 1 THEORY?? Let's find out :)

View the full lesson at Music Theory Grade 1 Test | JustinGuitar

Notey McNotes for the win hahaha!

2 Likes

Clearly you are an excellent teacher. 1st test that I have ever had 100% in. Took my right back to O Level Music.

1 Like

Great Lessons. Really easy to follow and well thought out. Thanks!

1 Like

100%. Yeah! Nice one. I bought your PMT book many years ago and worked through most of it. I need to revisit my Theory, so a lifetime sub is certainly going to be on the cards for me! Thanks Justin. It’s really great to see how you’ve developed your whole learning package over all of these years. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the sub @bill_evans and congrats on 100%.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide

1 Like

The book is extremely helpful with many indepth exercises but it is a bit dated in that it doesn’t have everything that the video course contains. Used together we have a load of well set out information to easily apply on the instrument.

2 Likes

Thanks. Just subbed for a lifetime. No excuses now!

2 Likes

Miss counted two times in question 18, other than that everything worked out. :smiley:

1 Like

I studied music in college in the 80s and just recently come back to music theory. That was a properly tough exam. Thanks Justin for a first-rate foundational guitar theory course. I’m looking forward to module 2.1.

2 Likes

100%, thanks Justin

1 Like

As @Chainsoroth Q18 was the tough one had to draw out note circle to be sure even then got one wrong!!! apart from that got all the other ones correct. Will wait a few days and have another go at Q18 without drawing out the note circle.

2 Likes

95 Not bad i guess Question number 9 got me

2 Likes

Managed to get Q18 correct this time.:grinning:

6 Likes

You are amazing. A pedagogical genius. I didn’t realize how much I learned until I took that comprehensive test. Thank you for organizing all this so well and doing so much for free. I’m loving this.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community🎶

1 Like

Passed all the question with exception of question 18 , I had few mistakes at counting.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community👍
You are right Q18 is the tricky one
Well done
Michael :wave::wave::wave:

1 Like

1 error on fret board, dang it…

1 Like

100%, yay! :slight_smile: Good course, as always, Justin/team!

A question: I completed Music Theory Grade 1, because I’m approaching the end of Beginner Grade 1. In the Beginner Grade 1 consolidation video, Justin recommends having completed Music Theory Grade 1 and Ear Training Grade 1 as part of consolidating Beginner Grade 1.

Should I go ahead and complete Music Theory Grades 2 and 3 soon? Or, should I save them for later? Do they complement particular points in the journey through the main course (Beginner 1, 2, 3, Intermediate 4,5,6, etc.)?

Thanks,
Todd

2 Likes