My 1st year fingerstyle acoustic and lead electric guitar progress (365Days/1550Hours of practice)

Lead electric guitar part starts from 7:35 if you are in a hurry.
This is my one year guitar progress as an adult from 20/10/2021-19/10/2022.I start learning from Beginner Grade 1(of course) now Im in Grade 3/Grade 5(part of both)but I’m more free carry now still alot to learn from Justin about soloing/theory/ideas.

16 Likes

Hello Frank, a warm welcome to the community and kudos to you for sharing your various stages of development and progress in a compilation video.
Congratulations on your 1st anniversary of learning guitar.
You’ve been practicing, on average, more than 4 hours per day?
I can hear the calls of people who will come along and reply suggesting you create a Learning Log Learning Logs - JustinGuitar Community and describe your path, your routines, your system of keep count etc.
Plus an introduction topic too Introduce yourself ... - JustinGuitar Community

And you have quite a collection of guitars building up too.
I’m not going to do any analaysis / critique feedback of any of the selected pieces just now.
All I want to do at the moment is commend you for your hard work and progress to date.
With one little last thought of … have you learned to play any songs?

Cheers
Richard

Ye,sometimes more than 4 hours sometimes less than 4 hours depends on my wrists,as I start bending a lot now it depends on my finger tips as well.I just did a learning log here,thanks for suggestion.I do learnt a bit of songs(but just some songs with NitsuJ some songs only chords) and Im learning a hard lead electric one but it takes more time than I think

Congratulations on the first year of progress, Frank. You have made great progress in the year.

I don’t have anything specific to feedback in terms of your playing. I would just suggest that while a summary video of this nature is a cool thing to do, it is also good to post shorter videos as you go. That can enable you to receive feedback and encouragement along the way (though at around 4 hrs per day, you are clearly motivated and disciplined).

Once you start to splice together a video from clips recorded over a lon period of time, I would suggest you edit the audio to achieve a consistent average loudness throughout. There were a couple of moments that were significantly louder than the rest which was not pleasant listening through ear-buds.

Welcome to the Community and look forward to hearing how you go in year 2.

Thanks for the suggestions,I do post videos I learned with NitsuJ and songs I like,Ill post more often here as I just discoved here today,usually I spend hours on "practice and dashboard"page and “courses”

1 Like

Hi Frank, welcome. Some impressive practice time and progress.
I did notice a lack of strap locks on the LP, you might want to attach some as they will save the neck from falling and causing damage.
Keep on rocking.

You seem to be quick in developing fluid fingerstyle motions.
Combine these with your chord grips and learn to decoate some basic chord shapes (you’ll be surprised what you can do with a basic C chord!)
You show great potential in that area!

Hello Frank, that was a great video log of your practice and progress, you’ve come a long way in a year I’m very impressed. :clap:t2: :clap:t2: I’ll look forward to seeing more from you :smiley:

welcome to the community, a very interesting log for sure, great to see your progress

Welcome. Very cool video watching your progression . Great log of 1st year.
:+1:

Welcome Frank! And thanks for sharing that super cool vid, you’ve really progressed very fast and developed some excellent skills already! Keep shredding buddy! :clap::clap::clap::sunglasses:

Hi Frank,
Happy first year, :partying_face: :bouquet:…nice to keep track of it all those days,…You’re going to have a lot more fun with your guitars :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

Hi Frank, that is a mighty impressive video record of your journey. Plenty of signs you are progressing on your guitar journey.

Don’t reply much, but I had to, just to say at day 53 your Travis picking was freakin’ amazing! And with a thumb pick! Made me a little envious there, and reminded me to get back at finger pickin’ some more! Great job!

1 Like

Hello Frank and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your one year anniversary and thank you for sharing your video. It was a great watch watching you progress along your journey. Great playing at the end.

Wow, you have come a long way in just a year. I am amazed at how much you practice. Great job with that.

I must say that your fingerstyle is wonderful. It seems so fluid and you incorporate bass notes seamlessly. Keep up the fantastic work