My cover of “Vincent”

Here’s my version of Vincent, sort of based on Justin’s tutorial, but certainly doesn’t follow it exactly. It’s really simplified so I can sing along
Hope you enjoy, and any feedback gratefully received

31 Likes

Lovely :clap::clap:. That is a lot to remember!!

Well repetition is the mother of….
…something, I forget what now😂

2 Likes

Gorgeous rendition Mike

1 Like

What a beautiful rendition of “Vincent”, Michael! Bravo. :clap: :clap:

I enjoyed it a lot, you made it seem smooth and easy to sing while playing quite complex fingerstyle. You have a decent singing voice, too! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing this one with us! :slight_smile:

Wow! That was great. You are very talented.

1 Like

And your guitar sounds great. What is it and how do you get such a great sound?

1 Like

Beautiful Mike!!! What an enjoyable listen!!! Loved the solid fingerstyle playing & accompanying voice was spot on!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!

Tod

1 Like

Lovely, Mike :slightly_smiling_face: Your voice fits this song so well and you gave me goosebumps one time or the other.

Fingerstyle and singing at the same time is always very impressive - otherwise the video would be twice as long, I guess… :nerd_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Mike,
The singing the playing…what a treat with my morning tea :sunglasses: :clap: :man_bowing:
Greetings

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bravo, Michael. That was such a treat.

A lesson for all of us who work at playing and singing, just voice and guitar. A simplified guitar arrangement accompanying a voice singing with feeling will engage and delight the audience.

Inspirational posting. Thank you.

5 Likes

Thank you! It took some practice, but came out ok :+1:

1 Like

The fingerstyle pattern is more or less repeating but you have to get to a point where ou can just do it pretty much without thinking. Thanks for commenting it was worth the effort. I am working on some others!

1 Like

Thank you very much David!

1 Like

Thanks Roger, I will be posting some similar songs soon, I have been working on solo songs in fingerstyle so let’s see what comes out

Thanks! Yes an 8minute rendition would be a bi of a stretch😂

1 Like

Cheers Tod I appreciate it!

Thank you! The guitar is a carbon fibre guitar called an Emerald Virtuo. It is an acoustic and an electric all in one. I got my sound by playing my voice through a pedal called a TC Helicon Play Acoustic. The guitar is going through the same pedal, and this is recoded direct to my phone into an app called Dolby On. It works very well the sound is very good.

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:
What a beautiful performance of this lovely song!
I’ve enjoyed it a lot. :grinning:

Great playing and singing - and the sound of your guitar is very nice, too. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much for listening, it means a lot that you took the time! Yes I think the guitar sounds very good, it is a recorded sound , not straight into the phone microphone. So it should sound quite good to be honest👍