My first share - Lo Inc Blz

Hello all,

I’m excited and honored to share my first audio upload with you all. It represents uncounted hours of practice - condensed into 2 minutes! And many thanks to those who coached me through the process.

6 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Some mighty fine playing there, Gary. Lovely Latin vibe, great tone, lots to like.

I moved it to your own Topic, from being a reply in LBro’s. For your next one, go here #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing and click ‘+ New Topic’ to start your own Topic.

Is that you playing Gary??
If so… that is just insane! I take off all my hats and everything else i have on…
My only advise for you my friend is quit your dayjob and start doing this instead!
Sounded insanly cool🔥

Gary,
Ye the Papa G for sure… Nice and what a great intro to your own creation and first post here! Not exactly my vibe in music, but this was so good that it transcended what I like and was great. I found this to be a very enjoyable listen, well done, well mixed and with great tones on guitar. I hope to hear more from you in the future and take good care!

Keep rock’n,
LB

Hey LB,
Thank you for your kind words.
I’d love to take credit for the composition, but it’s another musician’s piece. I especially appreciate your comments on the mix - it’s the ‘little things’ that gives something authenticity - something I think you know well.
I’ll look forward to speaking with you again.
pg

Hey Papa Gary, that is another spectacular debut to the community :sunglasses:
Way beyond my play-grade to critique usefully, but it sounded spot on to these ears. Flowed really nicely, bends hitting the right notes etc. You’ve got your mojo motoring here.
Only niggle- you forgot to stop recording after the two minutes (track is 4.20 long) :wink:
Look forward to the next one.
(oh yes, is that photo on Soundcloud a really old one? Don’t look like 67 to me!)

Hey tRONd,

You’re too kind -thank you. Learning guitar is like when I was learning to snow ski - if you work through the pain, the magic will happen. I wish you the best in your journey!

pg

Hey Brian -
Yes, old photo taken (my wife tells me) in 2013. Yikes - busted! I will update asap. ‘Hitting’ 70 in a couple of months - sobering…
Anyway, thank you for listening and your kind comments. I wasn’t aware of the time limit and will now keep an eye on that when uploading in the future.
Best to you!
Gary

1 Like

Sounds nice Gary, welcome to Community very nice first share :slight_smile: how did you record it and what gear you used if I may ask? Quality is really nice to my ear.

What a tasty treat for a Friday morning. That was some excellent playing Gary. Bravo sir.

Haha, no. Ignore me-
I have old profile pics floating around various platforms as reminders of temps perdu :laughing:
and the time thing was just a bit of pedantry, as much demo that I listened to the end!

What an awesome recording. I agree with what Trond said, pro quality.

Hello Gary,
That’s beautiful music man … You can go on the live stage with this :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: … Not with that long weird silent part in the middle of course :grin: … or you have to take your break there…
Greetings ,Rogier

Hi Adrian,

Thank you so much for listening and for reaching out. For this recording I played a butterscotch Squier 'Classic Vibe Tele with a maple neck, set to the bridge PU and played through a Scarlette 2i2 interface using Ableton Live Lite software. The amp simulation was a ‘Heavy Tube’. I mixed the finished take, (which is actually two takes stitched together) with a token amount of reverb, delay and compression.

Again, thank you for your kindness - rock on!
Gary

1 Like

Thank you for listening, Sarge!

Hey Roger,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and for the comments. Yes - I fixed the recording length with an edited version reload and a more current photo. As for going live, what I have in determination I lack in confidence and have nasty habit of freezing up when I play for an audience - even my wife!
Take care!
Gary

Gary, that was fantastic, look forward to some more.

Howdy,

Thank you for taking a moment to listen and for the comments.

I wish I could say it comes easily. I started to re-learn guitar in 2018 or so and have invested uncounted hours of practice and Justin lessons culminating in this 2 min recording. I’ll be 70yo in a couple of months, and for that, my brain has to work twice as hard to get half as far as a young person! But to hear the feedback from peers makes all the frustration, finger blisters and mental fatigue worth it. I see in your profile that you have started to play rather recently and I wish you well on your journey, for that is what is truly is. In this, you couldn’t have a better guide. Justin Guitar is a gift.

Thank you again,
Gary

Thanks, Trevor!

Very enjoyable, Papa Gary. You had me swaying to this Blues-Rock tune! So…what is your musical background, if I may ask? I read where you are “relearning”.