My first steps into Classical Guitar :)

Hi guys, today I’m sharing my first structured steps into Classical Guitar; I say ‘structured’ as I have already done some exploring in this past year, just to make sure that the earth under my feet wouldn’t feel too much uncomfortable…and it turned out to be right the opposite! I’m not sure you’ll find this video interesting at all…just simple melodies, and I apologize for the loud foot tapping, I had no clue what these melodies would sound like as they’re not part of my country tradition and there was something special in finding out while playing! I love the fact that I’m practicing both my Acoustic and Classical …this will help me to stay more structured and develop my skills slowly, without getting obsessed and put too much pressure on myself :slight_smile:

@RoseRock

6 Likes

Great to see you progressing Silvia :+1:

1 Like

Sounds lovely. You are getting nice tone from your instrument! I am working on classical guitar as well. The program I am following takes a different tack so I haven’t played the simple melodies like that yet.

I will look forward to seeing your updates! (I am not much of a poster myself).

1 Like

@Jamolay Thank you! I’m not sure I’ll update soon as I’m such a slow learner! Now I’m focusing on automating the alternated picking. Nice to connect :blush:

Thank you :blush:

You go @Silvia ! You notes are nice and clear and your finger movements are very graceful. Proud of you!

1 Like

@RoseRock Thank you Rose! Your words are heart warming! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:I’m trying to spend a lot of time just on fundamentals as I know this will pay off in the long run.

Your playing is quite good for the stage you’re at, I’m assuming that you’re also learning to sight read; not an easy undertaking!
Keep going and enjoy what you’re doing, don’t let it become a chore!
Looking forward to hearing more :+1:

1 Like

Great to see you having fun!

1 Like

I’m impressed that you played this without looking at the fretboard. Lovely clean clear notes too. Well done.

1 Like

Bravo! Sounds great. And without looking at your right hand AND left hand. I can not do that… Not yet… Bravo!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Darrell. I developed very basic sight reading skills at school, about 30 years ago. Also I have some basic skills with fingerstyle too. There’s some challenge in reading, playing the notes on the fretboard, applying the right notes’ lenght and alternated i/m picking (which is the aspect that is requiring most focus at the moment): all this at the same time with no clear image in my mind of what these melodies sound like. Thanks again, your comment is much appreciated! And…definetely guitar practice will never be a chore to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@sairfingers @BigLuc

Thank you very much for your feedback! Not looking at the fretboard is already an acquired skill for me: it happened on its own with a lot of trial and error practice, it was like I resisted the temptation of looking, I allowed my fingers to do wrong and by correcting them (without looking!) I kind of trained them to find their way by themselves. I think this is approximetely how the learning process went.

2 Likes

Great results. I should do the same, do this effort.

Good day!

1 Like

@lucianosevinini If you do, please don’t make the same mistake I made: when initially learning something new it’s important to look at your fingers to start building a connection with the fretboard…I understood this later on :see_no_evil: …late is better than never!

1 Like

That was very nice Silvia and sounded good. You look to be really enjoying yourself.

My first ever guitar was a classical, way back in the 70’s.

1 Like

Hi Silvia. It sounds good to me. If classical guitar calls you go for it. Those now challenging simpler melodies will lead you to being a able to play more elaborate melodies later. I am practicing fragments of a couple of classical pieces in my acoustic. Let’s see if I am bitting more that I can chew.

1 Like

It sounds great, and it is nice to see you enjoying it.

1 Like

Thank you, I also attempted a couple a pieces and in the end I thought the result was not bad for just being self taught. Now I’ m determined to work on the single skills and see if that “not bad” will improve. Wishing you a good day and good practice sessions!

Thank you :blush::pray:

1 Like