My Friday Gig with my new Uke 😂

It’s only a week I have this Uke and I’m already much in love with it…learning to play the chords is like super easy and playing it is so much fun! We named it Kuku’ :joy:

IF YOU’RE WEARING HEADPHONES PLEASE TAKE THEM OFF :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

10 Likes

Congratulations to your new ‘baby’ :wink: .
We also bought a uke some time ago, but it’s of so poor quality, that while tuning the last string, the first one has already gone out of tune again. Now, we just use it as a toy and not as an instrument :see_no_evil:.
Yours is definitely a better one :smiley:.
Wish you and the kids lots of funny music moments :hugs:.

1 Like

Does that make it a NUD ? Cool fun for all the family ! :clap:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Toby…what is a NUD? :thinking::blush: What does it stand for?
Btw the noise maker’s assistants here are my young pupils (3-5yo):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:…sometimes I wonder I should be a better example :roll_eyes::see_no_evil:

Thank you Nicole :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It took a couple of days for it to stay in tune and I had to re-tune it several times…now it seems ok and doesn’t get out of tune too easily :sweat_smile::blush:

1 Like

Looked like a lot of fun Silvia! Wishing you many hours of happiness with your UKE!

1 Like

Delightful, Sylvia. Ever so glad I ignored you and kept my headphones on :smiley:

1 Like

Happy New Uke Day! Sounds like everyone is enjoying the Friday Gig. Hope you gave into the calls for an encore.

There’s always got to be one ignoring the instructions. Sylvia you need to have a word to a moderator about that individual ignoring your instructions :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

James, have to say I am a great believer in RTFM (that’s ‘fabulous’ before you language flag me), and that one should follow the rules and instructions … until you just shouldn’t :rofl:

2 Likes

@Socio @DavidP James that wasn’t strict instruction but only an advice, as I’m very fond of the kids’ joyful noise but I don’t expect anyone to be :joy:…Thanks David for having caught only the good vibes and not the noise :blush:

Yes they all were much engaged :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::blush: and weren’t happy when it was time to leave the instruments…I was thinking we could have gigs every friday as they enjoyed it a lot and also did well at sharing the instruments!
Now I have to learn more and more tunes so we don’t get bored playing always the same ones :sweat_smile::wink:

3 Likes

Thank you Eddie, it was fun indeed! :heart_eyes::blush:

HI Silvia,

My 9 year old started learning the UKE in music school and has her own instrument now. She was showing me a few basic chords that you make with one finger. We were trying to match playing in time while I played the equivalent chords on guitar. I gave the uke a go and agree that is a fun little instrument. Great job on the melody you played, assuming it was for your students in class. I am sure they loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

1 Like

You sound like a really fun teacher and getting Kids involved with music at that age is fantastic. They will enjoy music their hole lives.
The Ukulele and the singing very sounded good too.

1 Like

That was a lot of fun! I actually received a concert uke for my birthday a few days ago. I haven’t quite extracted a song out of it yet. Enjoy your new uke!

1 Like

@TheCluelessLuthier Hello Mark, yes it was fun! This is a concert Uke too. In the first or second lesson of Justin’s Course he shows how to play the chords in the key of C, you can think of one song you can already play on the guitar and strum it on the Uke, I did it with Let it be :blush:

Hello Rick and thank you for your comment. Whether we’re singing or dancing or relaxing with a classical piece there’s often some music on in our class :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::blush:

Hi Jeff, how nice you can share making music with your daughter​:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:! These I’m singing are old traditional tunes that I have been singing with the kids for almost two decades now and since the chords on the Uke are so simple they easily followed the singing :sweat_smile: I must confess…this is my happy place for strumming, I can’t do half as good when I’m on my own! I feel very lucky :heart_eyes:

:slight_smile:
Excellent stuff Silvia!! Awesome to hear the kids singing and reaction! Uplifting :+1:

1 Like

Haha, love it - what’s there not to like about Ukuleles?
The kids love them, my two granddaughters love messing around with them, I’ve got them one each now, they used to share but that didn’t work out :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That’ the correct expression over here :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like