RonG - July 2022 - Green Day, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young & more

Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting Ron and what a treat to the ears it was. I liked what you did with your video too. Singing and playing were both first class and a great tune that you really did do justice.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:Thanks Roger. Cheers

Hi SgtColon,
Thank you so much for the encouraging feedback.
I look forward to posting again soon.
Cheers
Ron

That was phenomenal Ron. You have a fantastic voice and the guitar was solid.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I have been overwhelmed with the positive feedback from this community on my first post.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi all,
Thank you all for the great feedback you gave me on my first post to the group.
I thought I would share an earlier cover I did, again inspired by Justinā€™s lesson.
I probably had way to much chorus on the guitar FX but this is still one of my favorites
All and any feedback welcome.
Cheers
Ron

12 Likes

Youā€™re right, Chorus is a bit OTT, that apart it was really good!
Perhaps I might have tried a bit of reverb and a touch of echo, similar idea but not so ā€˜chimeyā€™.

I can hear what youā€™re going for , just dial chorus back a bit. Otherwise sounds very good, I donā€™t think none guitarists would necessarily think about there being too much chorus . I think your singing very powerful too

1 Like

Really well played and sung Ron. I enjoyed the listen. Butā€¦ā€¦. ditch the chorus effect! :smiley:

1 Like

Great job there Ron. Awesome singing! Would be interesting to hear it without the chorus.

1 Like

I guess thatā€™s what you call a Gloss finish ! Boy your vox are stunning, have you ever sung professionally ? If not why not !! Playing was exquisite, sorry Darrell, I thought the chorus worked ! Ok maybe back a gnats but it fits. Shoot those end vocals are of the scale.
Very very impressive sire !! You absolutely ROCK. :sunglasses:

Lets Rock

2 Likes

Regardless of chorus Ron (which I agree with others Iā€™m afiraid!!) I really enjoyed that, appreciate you sharing!
:clap:

1 Like

Wow, I agree with Toby. If you are not singing professionally you should be. The echo might have been on a bit high, but donā€™t get rid of it altogether. Well played also. I am going to be watching for your videos.

1 Like

Awesome cover! I really like the chorus on it!

2 Likes

Considering the state of some of the bridges that have been or are about to be covered in flood water in Australia right now, the water sure is troubled Ron! Iā€™ve never heard a Maton sound like that.

2 Likes

Beautiful rendition Ron. Tremendous, controlled playing, and a wonderful voice you have there.
Maybe a tad back on the chorus, but it does add that glassy, dreamy effect very well.
Looking forward to more Ron. Keep em comin mate!

Cheers, Shane

Thx Darrell. You confirmed my thoughts. I am still learning how to get the right guitar fx for different songs.

Hi Lewis,
Thx for the feedback. It is not easy to get the right sound. I think I have the propensity to over cook the fx :rofl:

Yep, less chorus for sure. Thank you for the feedback.

I was thinking of re-recording it. I will make that a plan without the chorus fx. Maybe just some reverb and a touch of echo as someone suggested. :smiley: