My latest Original completed

Hi Justineer’s
I have finalized my recent original song.
Went up half a step and added some video.
It is now public.
Hope you enjoy my final version.
Cheers
Ron

[https://youtu.be/rAKvVBA-2EM?si=v75N6e3dPtmzZSko]

man do I ever :beach_umbrella::desert_island:

14 Likes

Oooh… me too, I need a holiday
Badly. Very badly :grinning: Bit less than two weeks then it’s finally summer vacation time :desert_island:

Thanks for the update, what a nice surprise in my coffee break. You may guess which song will be blasting from my speakers on my way to work and back in the next days :beach_umbrella:

It’s interesting how the character of the song has changed a tiny bit. It doesn’t need a fiddle anymore :violin:

I love the video btw. How did you make it?

1 Like

Great job I liked it a lot. I definitely see the work you put into this.

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
Glad you liked it and love that you will be playing it. :kissing_heart:
Regarding the video, I downloaded the various video clips from an App I use called Pexels. All the video clips are free to use and there are literally thousands you can search on. I then put it all together using DaVinci Resolve Studio. Awesome software. The lyrics were produced within DaVinci as well automatically. Just needed some slight editing where it couldn’t work out my Aussie accent :joy::rofl:.

1 Like

Cheers Jeff.Thank you for taking the time to listen and feedback,

That’s a great song, and well played as always Ron. Excellent video production as well. :clap::clap:

1 Like

Ron

Good song: quite hopefully upbeat. Nice prooduction. It sounded a little like an undiscovered song by The Levellers. Very enjoyable.

Brian

1 Like

Fabulous song and video, Ron, really enjoyed it.

So admire the way you can make use of all the various pedals and gadgets to produce a full sound.

At some point maybe for an original like this it may be worth producing say drums in a DAW with a decent diginal instrument, get a more natural full acoustic drum sound with real thud and snap. Perhaps a bass as well.

Not that there is anything wrong with your live one-man-band peformance, don’t get me wrong.

1 Like

Fun song Ron, really enjoyed it! Brightens up English summer day (rain rain rain).

1 Like

what an absolutely beautiful song

1 Like

Ron, this is very lovely, catchy song. I enjoyed it. :slight_smile: I like how you left space for instrumental part to break the rigid song structure. I wish there was a melody playing that part as well.

1 Like

Thank you so much Mark. :smiley:

Thank you Brian.
I will have to look at who the Levelers are. :thinking:
Never heard of them.

Hi David,
Thank you so much for your encouraging feedback.
I hear you re drums and bass.
I will have a go at that at some point.
Cheers

1 Like

Oh the English rain. :blush:
Glad it brightened up you day Molly.
Thank you so much, :blush:

Thank you Lakshay. :smiley:
I appreciate the feedback.

Hi Boris.
Thank you.
Regarding melody in instrumental I still think it needs a fiddle playing.

1 Like

Hi Ron
Got to admit I didn’t realize this was a thing, sharing your own songs, I will have to give it a go.
You’ve done a pretty good job producing this, is it a live take with a band in a box? Reason I ask is @DavidP mentioned moving to a full DAW. I have recorded both ways and there is merit to both methods. If you want to play a song live it makes sense to have a version you can translate to live for sure.
All a bit off topic. I enjoyed your song, its a catchy upbeat arrangement, someone mentioned the levelers I definitely agree with that. Musicianship and singing are very very good. If it were me I would have a bit more reverb on your voice, but I am only listening via my car radio, might change my mind if I was on headphones
Really good job though might spur me into action with one of my own!
Cheers

1 Like

Absolutely is, Michael. Have a look at the sub-category and you will see many such posts.

For some of us, writing our songs is our ultimate. Especially those like me who for whatever reason are not into learning original solos to play with the song or producing full-band cover productions of classic tunes. For me my best moments are my originals, produced in a DAW as if a full band.

So look forward to enjoying songs from you.

Now back to appreciating Ron’s song!!

2 Likes

Hi Michael.
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it from all in this community.
It was a one take live recording.
I am using a beatbuddy mini2 for the drums, TC Helicon Play Acoustic for the vocal and guitar fx.
I try to record how I will play the song live at a gig.
I like @DavidP idea of doing a version with a DAW and adding more professional drum and base tracks.
I am still learning what makes a good video. My Son recons it looks to much like a commercial lol.
:laughing:
Cheers
Ron