My "RCV (and ProRep) Song" (to the tune of "Lightning Crashes")

Hi there!

This is the first recording I ever posted to my Facebook a month ago:

Please pardon that I mostly learned this from other sources other than Justin (mainly GuitarLessons365), although I wasn’t happy with any of them. I’ll check to see whether I can do better on the bridge using Justin’s tips, which I’ve just watched.

I’m not that happy with the patch, as I kinda threw this together quickly to get it posted to my FB before the last election. The recording uses the Reason DAW with Kuassa’s Amplifikation Vermilion Rack Extension and a phaser from the Rob Papen’s Predator Rack Extension. I also have a patch on my GT-1 that I plan to tweak using Justin’s tips from his lesson.

Lyrics all written by me. Hope you enjoy! When I’m not playing guitar, I spend a lot of time volunteering for various nonpartisan electoral reform groups in the interest of fighting political polarization, like CalRCV, Californians for Electoral Reform, and ProRep Coalition.

I also have a few other parody songs in the works (none of them about RCV).

2 Likes

That was different Felix but really good. Different in that I was listening to your lyrics while at the same time hearing Lightning crashes. I can’t put my finger on it but it worked, so great job!

1 Like

Aw, thank you!

1 Like