My Sweet Lord by George Harrison Lesson

Learn to play My Sweet Lord by George Harrison on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at My Sweet Lord by George Harrison | JustinGuitar

I can’t quite catch the two bar strum pattern for my Sweet Lord. Justin says it outloud but too quickly for me to catch. It is a 2 bar strum pattern and I think the push only happens between the two bars. There is no push after the 2nd bar? Is that correct?

Hi Steve ,
Long time no see :sunglasses:
If someone has a question about a song, you are supposed to post it under the Topic of that song, that is easier for people to help and it keeps all questions together and a bit neater … and it saves @Richard_close2u an action to move it, good luck with the song (grade6) there are not very many who will play this ( Edit: nice lesson hope this is clear from the time I stopped it :sunglasses:) …Have fun with it :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Dear @BarrhamianSteve ,

I will forgive you for posting your question in the wrong place and try to answer it. :smirk:

Here is the 2-bar strumming pattern (as far as I can tell):

Em            A
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
D   D   D U D U D U D   D U D 

As Justin mentions in the video, it’s important to get the “pushed” chord in the right place. In this case, the change from Em to A occurs on the “and of 4” and not on beat 1, as is usually the case.

Btw, at exactly 10:22 of the video, when Justin strums and counts, he adds an up-strum on the “and of 2”. I think that is just a mistake, as he doesn’t play that up-strum elsewhere.

Also btw, I did not watch the whole video, so I don’t know why it’s considered a Grade 6 song, but while the strumming pattern is a bit tricky at first, I don’t think it’s that difficult.