Navigation - Password Maintenance

Thanks stitch. I’ll give that a try another time.

Just tried clearing browser history (not cache) and got redirected to the dev sit and prompted to input the Justindemo longin that I had saved. I suspect you may need to clear cache not just history, which I’d prefer not to do on the PC unless absolutely vital. So I’ll stick with Mr Hopper and the Billy Bike. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I cleared the works. No change to the avatar after first logging onto the dev server and then with my website login. I do think this is because my changed avatar is on my live profile. The original avatar was copied onto the dev platform when I first signed in. So for sure it will change if I go and change the avatar on my profile on the dev server.

I’m sorry but I’m with Toby on this one - not a chance I am clearing my history/cache/cookies etc. I get logged out of everything and then I get some accounts where I changed a password and it wasn’t updated on Chrome so I can’t log in :smiley:

1 Like

Hey it worked!‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

1 Like

Ben did some work behind the scenes for the avatar synch.

We’re still ironing out some stuff for the password thing.
It will be available from the “preferences” submenu when you click your avatar.
It should work but there are some cases that need some error handling still

@LievenDV seems like my avatar is still not synched from the website :frowning:

can you try logging out on both platforms , then logging in on site?
if that fails, have you tried changing your avatar?

Sorry for the inconvenience, it is a test …and we’re in a test phase :wink:

@LievenDV That’s okay, it is a learning curve for all of us :slight_smile:

Still no luck, even removed my avatar and changed it to something else but still no avatar on Community.

I also have a different Avatar on main justinguitar website and Community Dashboard.

Hey @adi_mrok you’re not going to like this but just like @stitch what did it for me was to clear cookies and cache on my PC browser after uploading the avatar in preferences > edit my information.

As @DavidP has noted the ‘edit my information’ button leads to a copy of your JG account on the dev server so our current profiles aren’t actually linked to the main site accounts directly. (right?)

Also I just discovered something - I started typing this message on my phone but then plopped down in front my PC and it was saved as an active reply draft so I just continued where I left off. Insanely cool!

2 Likes

Thanks Ivan, I’m on my work laptop so I will give it a go here. Fingers crossed I have all relevant passwords saved here and I haven’t changed anything lately!

EDIT. Worked a charm, thanks @SS7 @stitch @LievenDV !

1 Like

It’s a bit late, but you can clear cookies for a single site on Chrome (and I suspect on other browsers).

On Chrome, you click on the padlock icon on the address bar, and it gives you various site options, including the ability to view and manage the cookies for that site:

Cheers,

Keith

3 Likes

Keith and that’s why you’re called Majik ! Very helpful and I’ll give it a try later.

2 Likes

And I confirm that was successful, with just clearing site specific cookies as per Keith’s advice.
Captain America

1 Like

Stop Press.

You may want to check your other preference settings, as I am now getting notifications again on Chrome that I had switched off.

Didn’t know this feature, many thanks Keith!

1 Like

I didn’t clear all my cookies and cache just resent browser history.
I’m using Fire Fox and when my avatar wouldn’t change I logged
out and closed the browser. Opened a new browser cleared
resent history and logged onto Jusinguitar. Checked my settings.
Eveything was good. Logged in to the Community checked settings
Avatar was blank, loaded the same picture clicked save. Refreshed
page and there it was.
Never last passwords or had any problem getting on any sites.

Lovely looking guitars, stitch.

Unless I am mistaken I don’t think I’ve ever heard recordings of you playing. Any chance of sharing some of your playing?

Don’t know if I’ll record anything David I never seem to have
time. I have a lot of friends who play and jam a lot with them
when I have free time.
When I’m playing at home its usually practicing something I
don’t know and nobody want to hear practicing.

As for the forums OM they are never at a good time for me.
The last one I Jammed for 5 hours Friday night had to work a
few hours Saturday (day of the OM) then jammed Sunday from
3 to 6.
May be I’ll try and record something in the new year. I did buy a
Scarlett 2i2 last year and had Keith help me get it set up with
Ardour but never seem to find the time to sit down and fugure
out how everything works.

1 Like

guys, you get away with it because this is a test topic but this is off topic :stuck_out_tongue: