New App subscriptions now require VIP pass to access songs

@MusopiaApps I’m wondering why Premium and VIP where chosen. You can’t have a Premium level without having a Basic or entry-level and VIP sounds like you’re receiving something special. When in reality all you’re getting is songs you are paying extra for. Very poor marketing, making something sound better than it actually is isn’t good business practice.

1 Like

I found it confusing as well. I think we can all agree adding it to the app before any notice or documentation is available doesn’t create a transparent customer experience. I also would have liked some clarity around the pricing as to a new user of the app it wasn’t clear that the $12.99 subscription replaces the $10.99 one. Something like "unlock 1500+ songs for 2 dollars more would have been more clear and also sound like a better value.

Did anybody else read, greed, there? Or am I just being cynical?

You’re not being cynical just plain old wrong. Try developing an app yourself, add in a bunch of license costs and have money left to feed your family and let us know how it goes

I think @SgtColon is referring to the publishers and not the app developer

2 Likes

Fair enough, that’s an argument that will rumble on forever. The publishers will say they deserve more and we’d say that surely there’s some value from people learning those songs. Either way Musopia are stuck in the crossfire and I think people forget that

3 Likes

I wasn’t having a pop at Musopia. @Socio James picked up what I was having a pop at.

4 Likes

Apologies - the thread was getting heavy on people telling Musopia how to run their app and I got the wrong end of the stick

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your understanding and feedback, it is really valuable for us to have these comments to help us inform further experiments and also the processes attached to this.

We understand the naming of the two products can be considered confusing and we are also working to make it more clear in the copy that the VIP would replace the Premium via an upgrade instead of two active subscriptions.

It’s not ideal but ultimately, this stems from licensing changes in the music industry and we have been forced into this move to ensure the future of the app.

Furthermore, we are adding lots of our own in-house songs to the app and are actively working on these to provide an amazing learning experience for everyone.

Please let us know if you have any further feedback because we want to ensure that we get this as right as possible given the situation and we truly value your thoughts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Matt. It’s not often you get an apology online. :joy:

3 Likes

You’re welcome, sadly it’s true and a big reason why so many internet groups end up being toxic. It’s a bit bonkers when a bunch of grown ups can’t talk about guitars, bikes or whatever without falling out just for the sake of a simple apology

3 Likes

@MusopiaApps
hi
I tried restore purchase but it doesnt work
It says I have no premium subscription on my account

i had a subscription that i didn t renew a few months ago … so now i gotta pay for the vip ???
I thought you said it wouldn t be like that for old JG learners … ?!

You let your subscription laps so you don’t qualify

Quote from musopia’s reply to you earlier

All previous subscriptions before this went live will remain on VIP and as long as they are auto-renewed/not cancelled and resubscribed they will remain this way meaning renewals of older subscriptions will not be affected by any changes

If i said restore purchase it meant that the purchase was not active anymore otherwise i wouldnt need to clic restore purchase
so they shouldnt have answered correct

(I bolded what I think is the important point in Musopia’s comment)

I clearly stated " restore purchases it will renew my old subscription" THEN they answered correct

which is not the case
There was a misunderstanding , restore purchase is not the same button as resubscription

please let @MusopiaApps answer

Legitimate use case: have the app installed on a tablet and a phone. Switch between the two. You can only be logged in to one device at a time. I suspect I didn’t log out before I logged in to the other device. When I engaged in this behavior and switched back to the other device, I often had to “restore” my app purchase.

I haven’t used the app in about 4 months now, so maybe things have changed? In any event, @MusopiaApps might want to consider this situation.

1 Like

@MacOneill

Apologies for the confusion here, if your subscription expires then the restore purchase button will not work simply by reinstating your previous subscription. This button is used when an Apple or Google subscription is not attached to an account. We initially thought you were subscribed and were referring to your previous subscription as a pre-experiment subscription.

You will be able to go through your App Store/Play Store expired subscriptions and renew them from here though which will essentially place you back on the old SKU excluding you from the experiment. Once it has been renewed via this method you may need to use the restore purchase button to relink it to your app account.

Alternatively, you can resubscribe from justinguitarapp.com where the experiment is not being run and we recommend using this method over Google or Apple for subscribing. Please log into this website using your app account details and it will take you to a payment screen here.

Once again, apologies for any confusion caused here and please note you can subscribe outside of the experiment using the above methods.

2 Likes

thanks a lot

I followed your instructions and paid for a new subscription ^^

Just a question
when it comes to the song library wouldnt it be possible to just pay the access to the songs we want ?
like 2$ a song
It would be more flexible since it takes weeks to work on a song
thats just an idea … im not very rich and paying 15$ to access 1500 songs is very expensive for me
especially since i only need to work on 1 song , thats why maybe … paying for just a song can be an idea

The Moises app works this way. You buy a song - any song! - from iTunes / Amazon, etc - or rip it from a CD. The song is analyzed by their AI, and then you can manipulate it in ways similar to the Justin app.

Moises is less beginner friendly than the Justin app, and the analysis is not always perfect.

But they have a free subscription tier that is quite capable, so it might be worth a look.