New App subscriptions now require VIP pass to access songs

@MacOneill

All previous subscriptions before this went live will remain on VIP and as long as they are auto-renewed/not cancelled and resubscribed they will remain this way meaning renewals of older subscriptions will not be affected by any changes

2 Likes

ok so if i clic restore purchases it will renew my old subscription just like it was before , that’s what you mean ?

Correct because they are run from the old SKU :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

@MusopiaApps I’m wondering why Premium and VIP where chosen. You can’t have a Premium level without having a Basic or entry-level and VIP sounds like you’re receiving something special. When in reality all you’re getting is songs you are paying extra for. Very poor marketing, making something sound better than it actually is isn’t good business practice.

1 Like

I found it confusing as well. I think we can all agree adding it to the app before any notice or documentation is available doesn’t create a transparent customer experience. I also would have liked some clarity around the pricing as to a new user of the app it wasn’t clear that the $12.99 subscription replaces the $10.99 one. Something like "unlock 1500+ songs for 2 dollars more would have been more clear and also sound like a better value.

Did anybody else read, greed, there? Or am I just being cynical?

You’re not being cynical just plain old wrong. Try developing an app yourself, add in a bunch of license costs and have money left to feed your family and let us know how it goes

I think @SgtColon is referring to the publishers and not the app developer

2 Likes

Fair enough, that’s an argument that will rumble on forever. The publishers will say they deserve more and we’d say that surely there’s some value from people learning those songs. Either way Musopia are stuck in the crossfire and I think people forget that

3 Likes

I wasn’t having a pop at Musopia. @Socio James picked up what I was having a pop at.

4 Likes

Apologies - the thread was getting heavy on people telling Musopia how to run their app and I got the wrong end of the stick

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your understanding and feedback, it is really valuable for us to have these comments to help us inform further experiments and also the processes attached to this.

We understand the naming of the two products can be considered confusing and we are also working to make it more clear in the copy that the VIP would replace the Premium via an upgrade instead of two active subscriptions.

It’s not ideal but ultimately, this stems from licensing changes in the music industry and we have been forced into this move to ensure the future of the app.

Furthermore, we are adding lots of our own in-house songs to the app and are actively working on these to provide an amazing learning experience for everyone.

Please let us know if you have any further feedback because we want to ensure that we get this as right as possible given the situation and we truly value your thoughts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Matt. It’s not often you get an apology online. :joy:

3 Likes

You’re welcome, sadly it’s true and a big reason why so many internet groups end up being toxic. It’s a bit bonkers when a bunch of grown ups can’t talk about guitars, bikes or whatever without falling out just for the sake of a simple apology

3 Likes

@MusopiaApps
hi
I tried restore purchase but it doesnt work
It says I have no premium subscription on my account

i had a subscription that i didn t renew a few months ago … so now i gotta pay for the vip ???
I thought you said it wouldn t be like that for old JG learners … ?!

You let your subscription laps so you don’t qualify

Quote from musopia’s reply to you earlier

All previous subscriptions before this went live will remain on VIP and as long as they are auto-renewed/not cancelled and resubscribed they will remain this way meaning renewals of older subscriptions will not be affected by any changes

If i said restore purchase it meant that the purchase was not active anymore otherwise i wouldnt need to clic restore purchase
so they shouldnt have answered correct

(I bolded what I think is the important point in Musopia’s comment)

I clearly stated " restore purchases it will renew my old subscription" THEN they answered correct

which is not the case
There was a misunderstanding , restore purchase is not the same button as resubscription

please let @MusopiaApps answer