New song from The Beatles

Hi B rian,
I hope it is clear that I feel the same way when it comes to their (old) or new or ā€¦ songsā€¦but here again there was serious talk by ā€œconnoisseursā€ on a news radio station about how good or bad it would be (and guess what prevails) ā€¦ and Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll put it up a notch when the song is outā€¦ But for all I care they play their instruments with theirā€¦BEEPā€¦huhā€¦,with their BeePā€¦nooo computer is broken :upside_down_face:ā€¦

I just hoped that many people will enjoy it and if not then just donā€™t listen to it (unless you start working with it like a butcher of course) ,and others well then I will listen carefully :sunglasses:
Greetingsā€¦

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I donā€™t claim to understand it either, but for a quick, free way to check out whatā€™s possible, look at Moises. It will quickly and very successfully extract vocals and instruments into separate tracks, which you can then mute or solo.

It sounds like Mcartneyā€™s producer used something similar.

Iā€™ve tried many of these apps, and this one is next level. The free version is very capable right out of the box, and very easy to use. (Musopia could learn a lot from these folks).

Also has a ā€œsmart metronomeā€ feature that figures out the tempo and overlays a click on any songā€¦really useful for figuring out complex rhythms.

I have a feeling this is a game changerā€¦and itā€™s just the start!

3 Likes

Hi Tom, thanks for sharing that. I have used Lalal.ai and it seems okay, but in your experience is Moises significantly better? Had a quick gander at the website and seems pretty good. This type of ā€œAIā€ is a great use of the technology, super helpful for creating custom backing tracks :+1: (appreciate some may disagree :wink: )

1 Like

I tried Laylal.ai just now on their website.

As far as I can tell, the Moises iPad app is much, much better in terms of usability and features, and is available now.

I suggest that everyone just download the app for their platform and try itā€¦itā€™s really very easy to get started.

3 Likes

Hmm this is interesting :thinking:. Have you tried using it to remove a guitar part (i.e. create a backing track for practice)? As in, are there alternatives to hoping to find something suitable on Youtube?

2 Likes

Hi Hilary, Lalal.ai does that pretty well from my experience however it looks as though Moises may do it much better based on @Tbushellā€™s comments above. I regularly use the resulting files (with guitar removed & sometimes vocals also) as backing tracks for practice or performance when a YouTube version was either not exactly what I was after or not available. Works well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Tom, Iā€™ll check it out!

1 Like

Well, this thread has been thoroughly hijacked.

2 Likes

Totalā€¦ :joy:

And Iā€™m the last person who can (and will) say something about that. My teacher was Brian so I donā€™t know any better , Iā€™ll digress on someone else them tread within 3 sentences and turn the conversation :grin:

Well I don`t check it, but I think Tom and Jeff will make it a useful thread in this way with real information for more people ā€¦ so have fun with the hijack :smiley:

Greetings,

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to give it a try. Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™ll bring it back on track Mark.

Not holding my breath for this ā€˜Frankenstein-esqueā€™ installment from McCartney.
Was never overly impressed with any of their songs to be honest.
Just let it be Paul.

1 Like

No You mean " Live and Let Die" :smile:

But whatā€™s wrong if he makes thousands (and maybe many more) people happy with it? you donā€™t have to listen ā€¦i only found out a few weeks ago that oblidoedadibla was by the beatles (i thought it was specially written for a television series 'life goes on ā€™ and also thought the song was called that :roll_eyes:ā€¦ i I mean by this I never actually hear or heard a song from them ā€¦ or hundreds of other famous singers / bands ,let alone that it bothers me even a little bitā€¦ I say ā€œlifes just goes onā€ :smiley:

Greetingsā€¦

You have no idea how shocking this is to someone my age. I wouldnā€™t have imagined it was possible for anyone to never have heard a Beatles song.

1 Like

@markr31
:joy:
This seems a bit strange indeedā€¦it should have said ā€˜just spontaneousā€™ (donā€™t know if this helps? :smile:).I knew a few songs and a few compilation CDs have something on them, but I listened to hard rock radio / own CDs (I donā€™t have a Beatles CD) and my pirate radio didnā€™t play it eitherā€¦ and now Iā€™ve been listening to news radio or you-tube music for decades and only once a year(?) beatles song comes by, and I know most of it from hereā€¦
let it Beā€¦the first song I heard I was already a teenager 13+ and that was after the Herald of Free Enterprise ferry disasterā€¦
and then I already became a hard rocker (and Dire Straits :smiley: and Tchaikovsky)
Hope this helps :rofl:

Hey! I resemble that remark! :wink:

I see someone has resurrected this topic from last yearā€¦we should probably move the Moises / AI discussion over there.

1 Like

I just realized; I donā€™t believe I own a single Beatles album (LP) either. I know I donā€™t have any CDā€™s as I bought those. My older brother and sister had Beatles albums, and my younger sister has their CDā€™s. They were so overplayed on the radio when I was a kid I wouldnā€™t mind if I never heard another one of their songs. I do have both types of media for groups like Zeppelin, Steely Dan and Pink Floyd as well as many of those older groups, you know, Mahler, Bach, Haydenā€¦
:grin:

1 Like

Just to balance the ledger. I own on either vinyl or CD, every song originally released by The Beatles and a majority of stuff they did as solo artists

2 Likes

Just to add I donā€™t hate the Beatles, but I donā€™t need to have any of their stuff because itā€™s still played a lot on the radio including Sirius/XM. Donā€™t have to go looking for them because they always pop up more than once a day.

From time to time, I turn on the Beatles channel on SiriusXM.