New User Tutorial

Just wondered where is located as I cannot seem to track it down

1 Like

Hmm; there is no real complete “new user journey”.

Though, these things will help:

For people coming from the old forum:

This has some useful tips:

This is about trust levels:

@LievenDV Thanks will check these references ou

@MAT1953
Michael, you can also try send a direct message to @discobot as per the image

You’ll receive this reply…

Thereafter just type the text indicated in the body of a reply to take the tutorial.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Didn’t expect that as a result of just the @mention of discobot :grin:

5 Likes

@DavidP
Because it’s listening for its name to be mentioned

2 Likes

That discobxt thing brings back memories…a very surrealistic experience :upside_down_face:…those are those moments when I’m so glad I don’t use drugs…
And that picture of you @DarrellW :hot_face: does not help with the processing of the trauma :joy:

2 Likes

@roger_holland
OK you asked for it! It lives here……….

2 Likes

:joy:
I actually think this is a nice picture, but maybe the beauty on the front left will help with that too :innocent:

1 Like

@DavidP @LievenDV

Followed this through but not sure I arrived at the right place, see images

@MAT1953

Yup, that’s it. Nothing too fancy but perhaps some helpful pointers in getting to grips with the platform.

1 Like

@DavidP
Thanks glad I got there.

1 Like

@DavidP
David

Tried many times to get Discobot to run the “tutorial” which I think is the New user tutorial, without any success just seemed to go round in a loop. So I tried the “Advanced Tutorial” and to my surprise it ran, went through and passed so I am “Licensed ” wonder if this means I can now sell alcohol!!!

On a more serious point not sure what is up with “Tutorial” it might be that it is only available for a short period after you join or not available if you have passed “Advanced Tutorial”

Will keep trying and see if I get through although I am sure it is not going to tell me something I don’t know it is just I don’t like being defeated.

Any suggestions as I must be doing something wrong

@MAT1953
Michael, I’ve just run through getting into the Tutorial. I’ll post some screen shots of the Messages I’ve sent to Discobot to do this.

This was done from the Messages screen, accessed by clicking the down-pointing sign at the bottom of my Message Boc accessed by clicking my Avatar

And then the New Message button

Hopefully the sequence of messages will make sense

At this point you have to click the ‘…’ at the bottom of the screen and then the Bookmark icon, the shaded blue flag icon. After doing that I received the following

And then a matter of following the instructions to type up and send appropriate replies to complete the Tutorial.

Hope that helps you to get going and you pick up some valuable tips in so doing.

@DavidP
Thanks got there eventually.
Must say what it asks you to do is as hard as the advanced tutorial.
Cheers Michael👍

@MAT1953
Glad to hear it, Michael.

I went through it back in mid December and recall it being a helpful introduction to using the Platform. Thereafter took me a while to become comfortable with the platform and figure out my own usage patterns.

1 Like

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly. — Epictetus

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it