NGD! 😊 AlvarezMD60BG

New guitar day! (Well, I got it yesterday but was busy playing it until late last night :joy:)

my current rosewood dread needs de-humidifying so it’s going away in its case for a few weeks. Been shopping around for a Martin but it would be my whole budget and I’ve only found 2 that played and sounded better than this Alvarez.

I went with mahogany back and sides as I thought it be nice to have the option of both Rosewood/Mahogany (when my other guitar is playable again :crossed_fingers:).

Out of almost 100 guitars I’ve tried in the last 6 months or so this was a clear No3 on the list, No1 & No2 at £3000+ are just out of my realistic price range (for now :joy:).

Anyway, here’s the new addition to the family. Gonna get it set up and maybe remove the pick guard :v:

15 Likes

Happy NGD Lee. That is a lovely looking guitar. I hope you have many years of happiness with it.

1 Like

Thats a cracker. :smiley: That will likely be my next guitar if I get any better. I just got an AG60 last week and think they are incredible value.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan, I can’t put it down :joy: man, I love it already :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’d heard amazing things about Alvarez Masterworks series through J.P Cormier and a few others on YouTube while searching, I played this exact model about 6months ago and thought it was amazing when compared to the Martin line (sound and playability wise).

Problem was that the guitar had a couple of finishing issues that put me off (couple of sharp fret edges along the neck and string spacing uneven). Must have been a B stock or just poor QC because this one is faultless, so glad I gave these another chance.

Yeah they’re crazy good guitar for the money, would defo recommend :+1: (but always get your hands on them to try out and check for QC issues)

1 Like

Happy NGD Lee. Looks a beauty, why would you want to take the pick guard off? Surely it serves a purpose and you’ll be left with a nasty mark where it was.

1 Like

Hi Lee,
Happy NGD :sunglasses: :partying_face:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

I’m thinking about it, I’ve seen one without the pick guard and prefer the aesthetics. I think it’s possible to get it removed without leaving a mark as the whole top is finished and glossed before the guard goes on. It’s growing on me tho so might leave it. :v:

1 Like

What a beauty! If it sounds, like it looks, you can be a happy guy. Have a lot of fun!

1 Like

Happy NGD Lee

1 Like

That’s lovely. Congratulations. And now I’m looking at it and similar acoustics online yet again! I really do not need a 2nd guitar… yet. :smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, Happy NGD, very lovely. :slight_smile:
R.

1 Like

@Libitina @stitch @LunaRocket @Helen0609 @roger_holland

Thanks guys, I’m loving it :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations on you new guitar!!!
Looks great!

1 Like

Just Beautiful!!!

1 Like