NGD: Epiphone ES-339 (Plek'd)

Package arrived today. It’s an Epiphone ES-339 that I ordered from Sweetwater. I had them Plek it, too, which is new for me.

I haven’t played it yet as I’m giving the packaged guitar 24 hours to acclimatize before I get it out. (Probably not necessary, but can’t hurt…)

These are pics from Sweetwater (not stock photos, these are the exact guitar):

16 Likes

Now that’s a gorgeous guitar. Hope it plays as well as it looks. Happy NGD.

2 Likes

Love the wood grain very nice NGD

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful. If I could justify another guitar, it would be a an ES-339

1 Like

Lovely jubley. :+1:
Happy NGD
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Good looking guitar and a good size. I have a red one and enjoy playing it. I hope you have many enjoyable hours playing this.

2 Likes

That looks very nice indeed. I hope you’ll enjoy playing her.
One question though, what is plek?

Happy NGD!!

https://www.sweetwater.com/shop/guitars/plek/index.php

1 Like

Ooh, Sweet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy NGD. Looks fantastic. I seriously pondered over the 335 and 339, it was a difficult choice. before settling on the 335. Though, I still hear that 339 calling out to me. Always preferred the colour that you chose over the pelham blue. I’ll be interested in hearing your opinion of the plek over time.

1 Like

Very pretty guitar, I really like the 339, it’s that bit smaller and easier to handle. I think you’ve made a good decision to have it plek’d, it will repay for itself over the years to come, there’s nothing like a really well set up guitar!

1 Like

Enjoy JWC.

I considered that guitar or a 339. In the end I opted for a PRS SE Semi-hollow.

Also interested in hearing about the plek’ing

1 Like

Ooh, nice.
I too have had hankerings for a 339.
My Epiphone acoustic came plek’d - plays great.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Another thing learned. So basically it’s a cnc machine with a microscopic scanner attached to it?
It does seem to take some work out of the luthier’s hands.

Pretty pretty pretty!!! Enjoy and happy NGD Jason!! The 24 hour wait is going to be agony, let us know how many hours you break that by :wink:

1 Like

Happy NGD Jason. What a lovely looking guitar. I hope you are super pleased with it once you’ve taken it for a whirl.

1 Like

Happy NGD :smiley:
Just looking at that beauty made me realise I’ve been neglecting my semi-hollow.

I’ll be following with interest what you think of the plek job.
Interesting video. $250 seems like a lot of money for a setup. I’m a cheapskate and would be thinking maybe buy some better tuners/pickups and pay a luthier to do the job? Or buy a higher range guitar with the money?
I suppose the main advantage to this is you can be confident your new, beautiful guitar arrives in perfect playing condition, making love at first sight (play) much more likely. Bonding with your instrument is worth a lot :smiley:
Be sure to let us know how s/he plays.

Oh wow! That’s a sweet looking guitar. Congratulations.

1 Like

Happy NGD, looks a beaut. Really nice size too. I always think the 335s are very large.

1 Like

Well done, Jason. Is the body wood Alder?