NGD! Fender Telecaster HH

In a moment of weakness, I bought a new guitar! Here it is.

It’s called a Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster HH FMT (phew, what a name).

And it is awesome. I thought I wanted a Gibson but was intrigued by other HH guitars and had seen this one in a shop. After watching a video @J.W.C posted, I was even more interested.

Now this is a bit of an unusual guitar. It’s not a typical tele for sure, and not even a typical tele HH. It’s made from mahogany, has a curved front and curves in the back. Seymour Duncan pickups. The fretboard is SUPER flat. Radius is around 15" or something. It’s a delight to play but I’ve only just got it and I’m a bit uncoordinated with it vs with my Squier Strat. Oh, and it has a set neck like a Les Paul, from what I understand it’s the only Fender to have a set neck. I might be wrong there but that’s what I was told.

I think it looks super awesome, the poor LED lighting at home doesn’t do it justice.

Anyway, I did a quick video to share so you can see it. I enjoyed Byron’s NGD one so much I thought I may as well! Most of it is with amp on a clean tone with mild breakup. I did coil split for Californication, and ACDC is a different amp profile with bridge pickup.

21 Likes

Very cool, looks and sounds awesome.

A set neck Tele is certainly a bit different.

Enjoy your NGD.

Rod.

1 Like

Looks and sounds really good JK, it will provide hours of fun. Enjoy

1 Like

Very nice, I also like Telecasters, my favourite one has P90’s which really roar and are very good clean; the other isn’t quite finished yet but it’s going to be a homage to Jimmy Page’s Dragon. Can’t make my mind up about a couple of hardware choices yet :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Happy NGD. Looks and sounds superb. Hope you enjoy many years with it mate. Enjoy.

1 Like

Happy NGD! Beautiful guitar, really loving the tones you are getting from it. Loved the way that highway to hell riff sounded.

1 Like

Happy NGD!
What a great moment of weakness, I hope I have one of those too in the future. That really is a guitar!

1 Like

Happy NGD
Look and sound are great. Enjoy

1 Like

Happy NGD!!
You seemed tot have made a very good choice indeed.
Enjoy!!

1 Like

Hi JK,
Happy NGD :partying_face: :sunglasses:
‘You didn’t grow any grass on that decision either’ we say here :joy:… beautiful guitar :sunglasses: and I wish you a lot of fun and a lot of time together…
Greetings…

1 Like

You’re a bad boy, JK! :imp:
But if you compare it to the amount of money that many folk spend on a week or two holiday, the enjoyment you get out of this is immeasurable. And as long as you take good care of your gear, it shouldn’t really cost you anything in the long run.
Think of it as an inflation-busting saving scheme :rofl:
You’ve been making fab progress and deserve it.
Oh yeah, kudos for jumping in as MC for OM :smiley:

3 Likes

Very nice JK. Congratulations! Looks superb. Set neck too which is a great custom. Gonna give you alot more resonance and sustain than a bolt on.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Beautiful guitar, JK! Sounds great too.

1 Like

Looks awesome!

Also, I think you meant to say “In a moment of brilliance…” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love it! Sounds nice and clean and also sounds meaty and dirty! And the versatility of split coils is great. And it’s gorgeous. Congratulations, happy NGD.

1 Like

Looks great, sounds great, wish you hours of joy, JK

Now … is Californication the new guitar trial Stairway to Heaven?

3 Likes

Sounding good, looking good. Calif sounded good with the HBs I normal play that on the Strat. Highway ? get down and dirty. More please.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice score.
You fell in love huh!

Happy ngd

1 Like

Cool looking instrument you have there, nice one.

1 Like

That’s a weird beastie for sure, if it sounds and plays well why not…

1 Like