NGD Martin SC-13e Special Burst

I have been looking for my dream guitar, and I found it! It feels perfect, it’s so nice for my bothersome shoulder, it plays beautifully, it sounds lovely, and it looks gorgeous. I didn’t know what my dream guitar would be, but I am thrilled to have found it :slight_smile: . It’s a very different look, the neck meets the body at the 13th fret rather than the 14th (or 12th), and it has a much deeper cutaway. But it definitely sounds like a Martin. The back and sides are solid Khaya (aka African mahogany apparently), covered with a fine ziricote veneer, and the top is Spruce. It’s got an L.R. Baggs Element pickup, and although that means very little to me I think it sounds extra sweet plugged in. I decided to share a demo video along with some photos, since I’m always one of the ones saying ‘hope we hear it soon!!’ :slight_smile: The audio on my laptop has issues sometimes (all related to user error re what’s plugged in / through what / etc), so although I did use a condenser mic and make a couple of videos I was going to edit together, what I ended up with is one of the videos from my iPhone. Sound still sounds pretty good to me, even though it’s just from my iPhone.

I’m having a very happy NGD :blush:

22 Likes

Oh wowser Mari, that is wonderful.

1 Like

Yay, that’s great that you found your dream guitar, Mari. It looks and sounds stunning both unplugged and plugged. Wow. Happy NGD.

1 Like

Your guitar looks and sounds wonderful. I love the Burst finish and the variations in the wood on the neck and back - truly one of a kind!

I’ve been intrigued by the SC13e since Martin introduced it, but haven’t run across one in real life yet. I’m so glad you found your one! Enjoy!

1 Like

Sounding very sweet Mari, lovely tone !
Happy NGD !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wow, that is one of the collest Martin’s I’ve seen!

That cutaway, those fretboard inlays, that burst, that rosette

Very, very nice; you have a great taste and of course, it sounds sweet as sweet as you as well @Mari63 <3

1 Like

What a beauty!!!

1 Like

Definitely a keeper Mari, nice sounding and looking guitar.

1 Like

@Richard_close2u @Socio @Rider2040 @TheMadman_tobyjenner @tRONd @LievenDV @ReneAsologuitar @stitch
Thanks guys, I’m beaming with joy with my new guitar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Happy New Guitar Day Mari!! That looks Great!! :smiley:

1 Like

Bravo, Mari. Your patience and persistence has been rewarded. The guitar looks beautiful, such wonderful colouring and detailing. And sounds equally marvellous. Thrilled for you.

1 Like

Happy NGD Mari. :grin: What a beautiful instrument! Is that the one with the new style neck that is removable?
A lifetime of joy ahead of you.

1 Like

Congrats on finding your guitar soulmate, Mari!
Beautiful guitar and it sounds remarkable.
Enjoy!!

I must admit I was waiting for you to break out into the riff for Melissa :grinning:

1 Like

Hellooo Mari !!!
:partying_face: :star_struck: :sunglasses:
What a beautiful guitar and really a special one for the eye, congratulations on your finds :partying_face:, … it also sounds great and your NGD post is also the best that has been posted… in my memory :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Thanks…

1 Like

Wow Mari, what an absolutely stunning guitar it sounds amazing and your playing was so good. It’s one of those things that when something clicks you really excel with what you want to do. Wishing you an amazingly happy NGD!

1 Like

Hello Mari

As a newbie, I know little of guitars but that looks and sounds beautiful and I love your versatility between strumming and picking. Very talented lady. Really enjoyed that.

1 Like

@Dave999 @DavidP @sairfingers @ChasetheDream @roger_holland
@DarrellW @CateB thank you all!

Robert, I figured a few folks would know that chord progression (even though I skipped a couple bars). It’s a lovely full sounding chord progression that’s perfect for trying out a new guitar. I don’t know the lead bits that run throughout, but it’s a nice progression for improvising, so one day I’ll do that.

Gordon, yes it is a removable neck - although I won’t be removing it!

2 Likes

I would like to give double likes to all comments in this post, but there you go with a platform limitation! Lol thank you everybody for sharing my NGD happiness :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh wow. Never even knew that was a possibility. Great for travelling if you did but I’d be like you. Once on, it remains on. It’s a really beautiful looking guitar. Lovely timber.

1 Like