Ngd & nad

Hello community,
some of you might remember that I thought of buying an electric guitar. (Up to now Iā€™ve only played acoustic.)
I searched at a second hand site for a nice and reasonable instrument. It took some time, but finally I found a suitable one and contacted the seller. As she was on holiday at that time, I asked her to reserve it for me in the meantime. The guitar was a beautiful red Fender Squier Strat.

Only few days later, we had lunch at my parents in laws house. Suddenly they handed me over an old Ibanez electric guitar they had found on their attic. It belonged to their other son who wasnā€™t interested in it anymore. A short research showed that it was built somewhen in the 1980s. It definitely needed new strings :sweat_smile:, and some tiny bits had to be repaired. Thankfully, my son in law took over this task.

Although I now already had an electric, I decided to buy the Fender, as well. It was cheap and I had fallen in love with its colour :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:.

So, from zero to two electrics it took only few days :sweat_smile:.

What I was now missing, was an amp. In the beginning, I played without any. But this wasnā€™t really satisfying, as you surely can imagine :grinning:. Therefore, I borrowed one from my SIL. Finally, I found a hardly used Fender Frontman 25R at a fantastic price. And now itā€™s mine :smiley:.

Although I definitely prefer my acoustic, playing around with the new gear is great fun :grinning:.

Here are pics of my new guitars and the amp.

25 Likes

Ahhā€¦ the colour on that Strat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Looks amazing.
Happy ngd & nad Nicole. Have fun with them :grin:

1 Like

Hi Nicoleā€¦
Happy day`s week month or well :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I wanted to say both great, but my absolute if I had to choose with a gun to my head is the Ibanez through the woodā€¦but then I zoom in on the fender, which is certainly as beautifulā€¦you have to fortunately not to choose :smiley:
Have fun with your new stuff and sounds :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Happy NGā€™sD and NAD too. Those are two sweet looking guitars. Obviously a little like busses, none for ages then two come along at the same time. :smiley:

Yes, new tech is fun to play with, once youā€™ve got over the frustrations of it.

1 Like

Itā€™s a well-known fact that acoustics are gateway drugs.

"In September my cousin tried reefer for the very first time
Now heā€™s doing horse; itā€™s June" (Sign Oā€™ the Times, Prince)

Be careful out thereā€¦

2 Likes

Happy NGD! A women simply needs a red guitar :wink:. Beautiful! Hope you have a lot of fun with both of them. And donā€™t touch the Kleinanzeigen (classified column?) during your holidays! :wink:

2 Likes

Very cool Nicole! From none to two electrics! How awesome. And one even has nostalgia behind it.

Time to make some noise.

1 Like

Happy NGD and NAD, Nicole!

Thatā€™s two beauties you got yourself! :star_struck: Those red guitars just have something magicā€¦ :smiley:

Is it actually helpful to overcome G.A.S. with two guitars at the same time or will it get even worse after a while? hhhm :thinking: :rofl:

Wishing you loads of fun with your new toys. :guitar: ā† see, this is also red. lol

1 Like

Say what, Andrea? :grinning: Looks as if I have to give the idea of a ā€œrealā€ electric guitar Christmas present for myself a chance :innocent:

And of course, @NicoleKKB I almost forgot: Beautiful guitars. Have so much phone exploring them :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

alright! enjoy!
This how you start to accumulate gearā€¦
It just happens to you somehow, really! :wink:

Those both look great! That will be fun!

But now your single acoustic will feel out numbered. You know how to remedy thatā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Thank you for this encouragementā€¦I will listen to the feminine side in me and try to make her happy :sunglasses: :laughing:

ā€¦I actually have 2 red guitars but one is on loan (a 100euro guitar 33(?) years ago) and the other (from 1950+) ElitĆ© is quite damagedā€¦

Iā€™ll listen to you and look for a playable one :sunglasses: ā€¦

I really like that Fender red Nicole, Iā€™ve been peeking at it again :star_struck:

Greetingsā€¦

2 Likes

Happy NGDNAD !!

The guitar look great both wonderful finishes. Have some fun experimenting with the amp but donā€™t blow the windows out ! Look forward to hearing them some time in the future !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

A couple of beauties there :heart_eyes: it would be a tough choice looking at them both and deciding which one to pick up :v:

1 Like

My dream guitar brand is Ibanez. So jealous! And I love the wicked red Squier.

1 Like

They are both good looking guitars. Thatā€™s excellent. Have fun.

1 Like

Looks so nice!!!
Great color!

1 Like

Love both guitars! Especially the Ibanez though, really love to see the wood grain.

1 Like

Nice looking gear you scored. :sunglasses: Ibanez make killer guitars. The ones from the 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s played way about there pay grade. :control_knobs: have fun playing with all the switches and knobs.

1 Like

Hi Nicole

You have probably already noticed it but I see the Squier has the strings tied the wrong way on the posts which will cause tuning problems. Have fun they both look wonderful.

2 Likes