Ngd & nad

Great stuff!! Two electric guitars and a proper amp :smiley:
I now wonder how your next profile picture will look like :sunglasses: - just kidding.

1 Like

Who knowsā€¦? :joy:

1 Like

Every reason is a good reason to buy a guitar. I should have said: everyone simply needs a red guitar :guitar: :notes:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a very strange tuning. I bet it sounds awesome! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

They look so beautiful!
What wood is the Ibanez? It looks amazing!!!
If you donā€™t already, consider getting the footswitch for the amp too :wink:

1 Like

@tRONd @roger_holland @SgtColon @brianlarsen @Helen0609 @jkahn @Lisa_S @JokuMuu @LievenDV @Jamolay

Thanks a lot to all of you :hugs:.
Iā€™m sure, Iā€™ll have fun with them.
At the moment, I prefer the Ibanez over the Fender, as the latter has to be restrung. But first, Iā€™ve to decide what string gauge I prefer. The Ibanez has 9 gauge strings. So maybe Iā€™ll try 10 gauge strings for the Fender :thinking:.

6 Likes

I think Iā€™ll be getting a red guitar anyhow! :joy:

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner @Chazzo78 @artax_2 @TheOldGuy @ReneAsologuitar @alexisduprey @stitch @franzek @Will_E_Vander @Lefteris

So many kind words about my GAS attack :sweat_smile:.
Thanks a lot :hugs:.
Although, I donā€™t think, youā€™ll see/hear them in action for the next time, as I have absolutely no clue how to record myself when playing electric :see_no_evil:. (Or will my smartphone be sufficient?)

Yes, youā€™re absolutely right. This confused me in the beginning. The former owner is a young women with many years of guitar experience, even playing in a band. So, you would suspect, she knows how to string a guitar :thinking:. But as the strings are also very rusty, I have to restring the Squier anyway. Then, everything should be fine :blush:.

To be honest, I donā€™t know. My son in law (who is a carpenter) tried to figure it out. But it seems to be a type of wood he has no experience with. So, the Ibanez will keep her secret :slightly_smiling_face:.

Yes, definitely. Iā€™ve already searched for one, and will order it when Iā€™m back from my holiday :smiley:.

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter. It looks very good and if it sounds good, thatā€™s all it matters!

1 Like

Congratulations @NicoleKKB , I hope you enjoy your new toys!

Regarding the type of wood of that Ibanez, I guess itā€™d be easier if we knew the model, which for Ibanez guitars is sometimes found in the back of the headstock (but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s also true for 80ā€™s models).

Checking the Blazer series, I think it might be a BL70 , and in that case the wood would be Mahogany.

2 Likes

Hi Jaime,
wow, I havenā€™t known that something like an Ibanez Wiki exists :hushed:.
And yes, I think youā€™re right, my guitar really looks like the BL70 with mahagony body.
Thanks so much for doing the research :hugs:. Iā€™m really happy that my baby has got a name now :smiley:.

1 Like

Congrats and happy NGD @NicoleKKB :clap: Welcome to the world of electric! :guitar: I hope you have tons of fun with them!

1 Like

Ooo Nicole, whoā€™s been lucky then?
Happy NGD x2 :joy:
Happy NAD.
That Ibanez is a very nice guitar, I had one of those in the mid 1980ā€™s I got it because it was made in Japan and they were very well made plus had decent hardware and electrics. Look after it well, itā€™s worth keeping!
Have fun with them but donā€™t get distracted from your learning path by ā€œplaying ā€œ with the new goodies :joy: Itā€™s very easy, yep been there done that got the badge!

1 Like

Hi Darrell,
Oh yes, it seems the Ibanez is a little treasure. Iā€™ll definitely take care of it.

To be honest, I havenā€™t had the time yet to just ā€˜playā€™ with them. I use them (in particular the Ibanez) for working on a particular song, which I should be able to play on 25th June. Iā€™ve signed up for a kind of crazy thing (Iā€™m not going to reveal any details yet :shushing_face:).
But afterwards, I canā€™t guarantee anything :sweat_smile:.

Hi Jen, thanks for your kind words. Iā€™ll definitely have fun with them :smiley:.

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

Wow now I know why Red! like buses wait ages then two come along :rofl:.
All the best for your NGD look forward to hearing you playing enjoy .
A

1 Like

Hello Amanda,
oh yes, this red guitar was a ā€˜must haveā€™ for me :star_struck:. And as soon as it has the new strings on, I will know, whether it sounds as beautifully as it looks like :smiley:.

1 Like

Maybe not. :grin: The 1980ā€™s Blazer series, bodyā€™s were made of Ash or Mahogany. Necks (one piece) rock maple.

Ibanez have a link to all there old brochures. You can look up your model here:

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

Sounds like a good plane what gage strings will you put on them ?
Sure they will be fine just might need to get setup enjoy :+1:

A

1 Like

Yes Dave, youā€™re right - itā€™s a blazer model with a mahagony body. And as @Metalbrain researched, it seems to be a BL70.
So, my secret baby has got a name now :smiley:.
Thanks for the link to the old brochures :hugs:. Iā€™ll have a Look, what I can find about my guitar :slightly_smiling_face:.