NGD (used)

CiNDy had a baby! :smiley:
(but won’t tele who the father is :wink:)

Thank you @Richard_close2u :pray:
"G&L ASAT Special.
Great guitars.
The best bridge I have played.
The pickups cover clean Tele tones to punchy rock n roll like a P90 to overdrive like a humbucker.
Leo Fender’s design … his best T-type."

20 Likes

Sweet! That’s my kind of guitar. Those pickups look kinda like P-90s, but not quite. Are they something specific to G&L’s?

1 Like

Lovely looking guitar and carpet, Brian. Will you be letting her get tattoos any time soon? Looking forward to the AVoYP of you playing her :smiley:

1 Like

Very nice, and 2nd hand is even better. Gotta love a bargain

1 Like

Congrats on you NGD Brian.
Sweet lookin G&L. Bet it sounds great!

Love the colors of your guitars.
Suppose I could be prejudice though. My solid body guitar is pretty much the same color… :wink:

1 Like

A T-style guitar with Fender designed jumbo single coil pickups, well that sounds interesting! Congratulations Brian :smiley:

1 Like

Have not tried these guitars, but they have a good rep. Enjoy your time together.

1 Like

Congrats on your new guitar, Brian! Apple’s not falling too far from the tree here. :smiley: Do people say this in English, too?

:rofl: Daddy had some nice curves to inherit. :joy:

Wish you lots of fun with your new toy, Brian! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats on the new guitar Brian. Next thing is you’ll be changeing those white t-shirts for guitar matching blue ones. :joy:

1 Like

Very nice … so what’s the deal with the bridge then?

1 Like

I hope you got CiNDy some flowers :bouquet:

Happy NGD Brian, I guess we will see and hear your G & L in action soon? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Change the rug and get the crayons out, man that’s so vanilla Mr L :rofl:
Loving the look lah and can’t wait to hear it ! OM 22 ??

Seriously, will you stop doing this, yeah you and @Jenndye429 or I’ll end up in the divorce courts and not a scooby how they work in France. Twas window shopping at Thomann for Jaguar and Jazzmaster style, don’t know why, liking the shape, ain’t got a clue what they sound like or play like. Then you peeps post NGDs !!!
:scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat: :scream: :scream_cat:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Sorry, not sorry :wink:

Congrats on the NGD Brian! Beautiful looking guitar. Hope to see her in action soon. Maybe the next OM? :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your positive vibes, much appreciated :smiley:
Rather than individualise responses, I’ll give a bit of the purchase process as parts might be of use to others.

Having decided on the model, none were available, so I put in a £570 order with Thoman last November (splashing out an extra £50 for the sunburst/Rosewood finish). The 3-4 week delivery date kept being postponed and when they told me last week that it was expected end of March, I looked again on eBay and found this one for £420. Colour is important, but not that important.
Before clicking ‘buy’, I remembered eBay takes a cut from all sales and searched out the business online- It was just outside Manchester and the shop was selling it for £375. Yay! :smiley:
It arrived less than 48 hours later and I was thrilled- One tiniest scratch on the body; smooth satin-feel C-shaped neck, no wear on frets or fretboard, solid switch and controls. Looked and felt new.
I tweaked the intonation on the two high strings and lowered the action slightly; locked everything in place with the bridge screw and off I went. Louder than my HB and I like the tone.
Richard and some reviews had mentioned sustain (which I never place any importance on), so I did a comparison with CiNDy. Same amp settings the low E string was audible for 15 sec with my old guitar, compared to 40 sec with the G&L.
After about a quarter of an hour messing around- a bit of a fright :open_mouth: I thought I heard the tiniest intermittent crackling from the amp. Same ‘cracklng’ when I tried my wireless THR so it must be the guitar. Much testing later, I tracked it down to only occuring if I rubbed the bridge pup with my finger but not a pick. (I know, I know, I should play with a pick :laughing:)
Presuming it was a wiring/grounding issue, I emailed the company, sending them a video of the problem and asked for a £30 rebate or I might return it. I then nipped down to a luthier in Birkenhead who had a good look (no charge) and said it was just static build up and some copper backing on the scratch plate should sort the problem if it persists.
When I got back the company had emailed, apologising and asking for my bank details.
Phew!
I’m a happy camper again :sunglasses:

I’m afraid I have no songs in the oven to demonstrate (Rogier doesn’t like unpolished turds) but I’llwheel it out at the next open mic at the latest. I’m inclined not to tattoo this baby and keep it as pristine as possible, but who knows what inspiration might lie around the next corner? :wink:

10 Likes

Blimey typical pseudo Scouser, not only gets a knock off price bypassing eBay but then blags a 30 squid discount for wearing the wrong grundies. Careful with that static boy ! Now you’ve got the weekend to get a demo in the box, so get cracking laddo ! We need audio !!
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Happy NGD Brian.

The E G&L E has landed.

Killer guitar. Why don’t I buy another?
They’re superb. If I wasn’t not-buying I would likely buy something with a 24.75 scale length next. Otherwise …

You might have corrected my inadvertent typo in the quote!

@J.W.C the pickups are exclusive to G&L and are amazing.

3 Likes

Now that looks cool. Happy NGD.

Curiously - does the pickup selector knob pop off like on fender teles? I don’t even know why I want to know that…

2 Likes

Very very very nice, Brian!! Blue is a brilliant colour for a guitar, I’ll have to hopefully sign in to the next OM audience to hear you play!!

1 Like

Enjoy Brian. Matching guitars, only you. Look forward to seeing the artwork you’ll add. And so resourceful on the procurement. Look at you setting up the guitar and sounding like a veteran.

1 Like

Congrats Brian, seems to be a trend on here at the moment :thinking: nice looking guitar, no doubt we’ll get to hear it soon I hope :+1:

1 Like