NicoleKKB February 2023 - Irgendwann bleib i dann dort

That was great, your practice switching between strumming and fingerpicking definitely paid off! I enjoyed it even without understanding the lyrics.

I agree that the melody sounds vaguely like Terry Jacks’ Seasons in the Sun - which I just learned today is English language adaptation of a Belgian song, Le Moribond. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Beautiful :exclamation:Thank you :pray:

1 Like

That was delightful, Nicole! Played with deft skill and engagingly sung. Wouldn’t change a thing. Well done! :clap::smiley::+1:

1 Like

Really well done Nicole. Nothing more to add to what has been said. Thoroughly enjoyed this thanks for sharing. :smiley:

1 Like

Adorable song Nicole. Nice picking, well done!

1 Like

Hi Nicole,
Vielen dank… :clap: :sunglasses: :bouquet:
What a wonderful song to listen to and especially if you have read the translation first (thank you for that too :smiley:)
Greetings…

1 Like

@TheOldGuy @Notter @Mari63 @southpaw6 @BigLuc @nzmetal @Malz @RadekSiechowicz @roger_holland

I thank you so much for your positive feedback and motivating words :hugs: .
When practicing one and the same song for quite a long time, it’s sometimes really difficult to recognize the moment, when you’re ready to post an AVOYP. You’re practicing and practicing, but never completely satisfied, as there is always something that could be done a bit better. Therefore, I’m really glad that you like my version of this song. It’s now part of my (still small) repertoire, and I’ll move on to my next project :smiley: .

4 Likes

Isn’t it funny to observe our fingers closely? Sometimes it appears that they have a life on their own :sweat_smile: .
I’ve been doing the “pinky workout” for some months, now. And slowly but steadily, I can see a bit of progress in gaining more control over it. I’m quite certain, it will get better and better over time :smiling_face: .

2 Likes

You’re so right there Nicole, and we will always know we didn’t get something completely right in any performance I think. I always find that making sure you listen back to every take you can be pretty pleasantly surprised that those mistakes you remember while playing are almost not noticeable as a listener!

Either way, you picked the right moment with this performance that’s for sure! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s probably, what keeps us going - the awareness, that there is always something, that could be improved :grinning:.
The original version of this song, for example, contains a nice solo part. But as this is way beyond my playing level, I decided to ignore it for the moment, and come back to it later :wink:.

2 Likes

Super stuff. You’re progressing fantastically. Lot’s of great feedback. Nothing more to add from me apart from bravo.

Sounding great Nicole - super finger picking and vocals - great performance!

When I saw the title, I thought “sounds like Austrian dialect”, which was confirmed by your post. In the 90s I used to live in Perchtoldsdorf (in der Nähe von Wien), and used to love singing along to “Koa Hiatamadl mog i net” (perhaps not so politically correct lyrics these days!) on Wurlitzer on TV :rofl:

Hi James, thanks a lot for taking the time to listen and for your positive feedback. It’s very much appreciated :hugs:.

Hello Phil, I’m very grateful for your kind words :hugs:.
I know Perchtoldsdorf quite well. The world is really small :sweat_smile:.
‘Hiatamadl’ was very popular when I was a child. So funny, that you know it :smiley:.

1 Like

That was really wonderfull nicole, I understood it because I speak German and have many connections with Bavaria/Austria. My wife is also from Vienna. It is great to hear music in a native language.

1 Like

Hallo Will, vielen Dank für deine lieben Worte :hugs:.
And thanks a lot for taking the time to listen to my song :slightly_smiling_face:.

What a lovely song, beautifully played. Well done Nicole.

1 Like

Ausgezeichnet Nicole. What a wonderful performance und alles klar Ich verstehe Ihre Sprache:) I am now inspired to play a song in German in the near future. I like Die Toten Hosen but their songs are somewhat complex with lots of changes. Shows how talented they are. Maybe I will start will something like Die Doofen. Do you remember them? I am not sure if they are still around but their songs were so funny. I am glad I got the chance to hear you play. Well done.

Jeff

1 Like

What a great performance Nicole. Lovely vocals. The finger picking was excellent and the strumming was top notch too. One to be really proud of. Bravo!

1 Like

@prbushe @SgtColon
Thanks a lot for your kind comment. I’m so glad you liked it :smiley:.