NicoleKKB February 2023 - Irgendwann bleib i dann dort

Hello Jeff, thanks for listening to my song and for your positive feedback :hugs:.

Die Toten Hosen are great. I also like Die Ärzte very much.
Yes, I can remember Die Doofen. But to be honest, I’ve never been a fan of them. Their songs were funny, for sure, but also a bit ‘doof’ :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:.
Nevertheless, I would be very interested in hearing you perform a German song :smiley:.

Die Artzte . I remember my fav was “Wie Ein kind”.

1 Like

@NicoleKKB Hi Nicole, I only just came across your AVOYP post ( while I should actually be rehearsing for tonight :shushing_face: )
I loved this performance and the song , your performance gives me a sense of melancholic nostalgia which I liked, I don’t understand the lyrics so not sure if that is the songs intention.
From a technical perspective , you did amazing. There is much progress to admire here. Singing & playing this well is not easy. Keeping the beat spot on through changes from fingerstyle to strumming is very impressive, I tapped out the beat all the way through and you never faltered at all, that is impressive to me. Also the control of the bass line in your finger picking impressed me, Really well done, that is an OM performance for sure.

1 Like

Oh, you have transported me to your beautiful “sunroom?” on a beautiful day with the sun shining in, listening to your lovely acoustic performance. ’ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you, Pam @pkboo3 . I very much appreciate your words, and I’m happy, that my performance has made your sunny day even ‘sunnier’ :sun_with_face:.

Hello @eric.lennon, I thank you so much for taking the time to listen to my song and for your kind words :hugs:.
Yes, I intended to produce some kind of ‘melancholic nostalgia’. I’m glad, I could achieve that :smiley:.

All the best for your performance tonight. I’ll be in the audience and already very much looking forward to it :star_struck:.

1 Like

Nicole, well played and beautifully sung. Your fingerpicking was very accurate and the transition to strumming added to the enjoyment of the song.

1 Like

Thank you, Steve :hugs:. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated :smiley:.

Very well done Nicole. Without understanding the lyrics, the melody was still really enjoyable to listen to.
A while ago you commented about changing between fingerpicking & strums within a song, and here you are transitioning between both very comfortably :slight_smile: Great job, keep it up.

1 Like

Good morning, Sandro.
That’s very kind of you. I’m glad, you liked my rendition :blush:.
Changing between picking and strumming is a technique I really like. It’s a nice way to make a song more interesting, I think :slightly_smiling_face:.

Hi Nicole, how did I miss this!

Dass war recht schoen!

I like the attention you paid to the setting and the colors, as well as your playing. Not only a delight for the ears, but also a feast for the eyes. The fingerpicking rock steady, as well as the transitions into the strummy parts; the entire narration in the song.

Keep them coming!

1 Like

Hi Nicole,

Lovely piece. And I can definitely sign up for ditching the hamster wheel for a life in sunny Greece, or may be Spain.

Nice to hear a vocal in a different language - somehow lets you appreciate the melody more when you don’t understand the words. :slight_smile:

Digger

1 Like

@TRJ
Thank you so much Tjeerd, for your kind words :hugs:. I’m glad that you not only like my playing but also the whole setting. I tried to send some sunny vibes :sun_with_face: :blush:.

Thanks a lot, Digger. I really appreciate this :hugs:.

That’s my experience most of the time as Englisch isn’t my mother tongue :sweat_smile:. I’ve never considered this as an advantage. But now … :thinking::smiley:.

Hola Nicole,

After some thought I decided to go with Alles Aus Liebe as my first song auf Deutsch. I thought, you know what, if it does not sound as good as the original artist that’s fine with me. I don’t have the skill set yet for the solos and riffs and could always add that later. I ran through the song a few times this weekend and it is coming along great. I will be posting it soon as soon as I get a chance to get it recorded.

Jeff

1 Like

Hi Jeff,
what great idea :star_struck:. That’s a fantastic song - although with a tough content. Definitely no ‘feel good song’ with regards to the lyrics. But fun to play, for sure :smiley:.
I’m looking forward to your performance :smiley:.

uploading the song here shortly

1 Like