Nobody But You-Cover by pkboo3, DavidP & LBro

Hi Sair!
Hey, lots of talk about these 220 some odd tracks and there is some explaining to do I thinks. The actual project track count is 226 tracks. However many of those are vertical take(s) or stacks. For instance there are the sung “I don’t wanna love nobody but You” parts. Those mainly consist of 3 tracks. 2 on pitch and 1, a harmony track +5st higher. Yet it was produced from perhaps 9-20 takes, that were spread across each location. Each take went to a seperate track. Suffice to say, that was a lot of tracks right there for just that phrase or phrase(s). Mind you on my end when I record takes I may have 10-20 takes per track, in which case I call each take a “lane”. It can be thought of as similar in nature to having multiple tracks in one. Confused yet? I am… LOL

While getting our mugs on camera might be cool. I am camera shy and dislike plastering my mug on the Internet these days. It no longer is the innocent, warm, fuzzy place it once was. Sadly, to me there are bad actors out there that want to take advantage of you and information about you. My daughter NaNa is very photogenic and I would love to film her for videos. But she won’t do it for the very reason I relate to. Maybe someday I will post a guitar only vid for ya. I did post one on my YouTube site. See “Friday night jam with Lbro”; on my channel. Better hurry though as I may take that down…

All the best, thanks for stopping by and do take good care Gordon!
LB

1 Like

Yeah, a busy mix for sure. Look at the other post I made on the number of tracks as I break down what was going on with them all!

All the best!
LB

1 Like

That was superb!!! Sounding super pro! :clap::clap::clap: The challenges of collabaration paid off!

fantastic, I am amazed at how all this can be achieved virtually. So much to learn.

Great collaboration guys. Amazing how you got so many moving parts to click together so seamlessly. :+1::+1::+1:

LBro and his compadres back at it, that was really cool and seeing that you took a song performed by Gwen Stefani really surprised me in a good way! Over 220 tracks well our cover of GFTNC was easy peasy then for you to sort out, man that Reaper file must have been like >1GB large! All the best spotless production and really enjoyed it

You got that right JK. It is a chore just to rate say 40 takes of the “you” parts. Pam did hers and I did mine. They have to be rated to pick out the best ones and that sure takes time.

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Hi Roger,
Glad this one caught your fancy mate! This is my hobby, so the track count, spread out over time was not too bad to deal with. I was more worried the thing would crap out and corrupt the project when it crashed. Thankfully that never happened!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
Thanks so much for the kind words and appreciation of collab challenges! Indeed, this was all of that and more! But in the end it was very rewarding!

All the best to you!
LB

@kamkor

You got that right JK. It is a chore just to rate say 40 takes of the “you” parts. Pam did hers and I did mine. They have to be rated to pick out the best ones and that sure takes time.

Yeah and working around, or with, my laryngitis and guitar pick clicks, LOL!

1 Like

Wow the three of you have blown this one out of the park! Excellence in every one of the eye watering 200+ tracks. Gorgeous singing, gorgeous playing of guitars and musical, masterly midi tracks. LB the work, time, patience and attention to detail you give your projects shows in every aspect of this superb production. I reckon the Russian would be very impressed.

1 Like

Hi Phill,
Virtual is no obstacle these days. Communications can be key though.

Take good care!
LB

Hi Eddie,
Thanks for the listen and comments! Hey, if you toss hours at a project, it will mesh at some point!
:slight_smile:
LB

1 Like

Gwen was just along for the ride Adie. Blake was the guy I was after on this on. Yeah, you are right on the track count being more sain on the collab we worked on together! Reaper project files are small. What is not small is the project folder. With all the backup and undo files, I had over 25GB… Once I nuked the 2 file types out of the project folder it went under 5GB.

Thanks for your great comments and all the best mate!
LB

1 Like

Late to this topic and there’s nothing more that I can add except my voice in a big shout out to the three artists. You were all fantastic.

Cheers,
Glen

Thanks Maggie,
Them 200 tracks ground me into the pavement, but this is what I do for my hobby, so be it.

That famous Russian was ahead of you Maggie. He had his ear on this one and offered up some advice! Thanks be to Roman for making the mix better!

Off to work on the next offering!
LB

This is superb! Big congrats to all you! :clap: :clap:

Amazing job!

Out of curiosity, how many of the 200+ tracks are actually included in the final mix?

Wow, sounds effortless, but I am sure it was not! Great job, super entertaining.

Thanks Glen,
You’re never late to the party with our offerings… Hopefully they age like fine wine and you get the best of the best… LOL, in theory I guess.

Take good care,
LB

1 Like