Nothing else matters intro - Metallica

Hey everyone,

I decided to share my first video playing guitar.

I’ve been working on the intro of nothing else matters for a while now and wanted to share my progress on it with the community. It’s still a work in progress but I’m pretty happy with it so far.

28 Likes

doing great @subject_rc !
That intro is an excellent study and training for those tiny faster bits, some barre chords, a bit of harmonics etc. You passed that rite of passage :smiley:

1 Like

That was excellent Ruben. You really nailed that Metallica sound. Keep going and I can’t wait to hear the rest of the song. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Blew me away. Very well done. Keep it going,.

1 Like

Every reason to be happy with progress so far, Ruben; it sounds great … the clean notes, the rhythm. Clearly lots to be gained in learning this as a study.

1 Like

Hi Ruben,
Congratulations on your first video :partying_face: :ok_hand:…that burden is off your shoulders now, you did a great job :sunglasses: :clap: :bouquet:,…welcome to the light :grin:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thanks @LievenDV, those faster bits were pretty challenging to get down. Especially the fast bit with the hammer-on and pull-offs.

thank you @Eddie_09 :grin:

That was really good Ruben. Lots of delicate little picked bits in there. Fast, slow, barres, pull offs hammer ons - the lot. Well done. A terrific study piece.

1 Like

That was awesome man!!! Nice job! Keep working at it!!!

1 Like

That was great Ruben, lovely timing, crisp and clean :+1:

1 Like

Well done! :clap::clap::clap: It sounded great to me, and quite impressive for a first video! :blush:

1 Like

Bravo! Ruben. That was very tasty. Congratulations on your first AVOYP posting, that was a pretty great way to do it.

1 Like

Well done, Ruben. You’re coming along great with it. As @LievenDV and @sairfingers say its an excellent study piece. Keep going with it and I look forward to following your progress with it.

1 Like

Ruben, well done on posting your first video! Great recording and playing, you definitely nailed this one!

1 Like

Congratulations on your first post :clap::clap:.

Well done, nothing else matters is quite tricky (even more on acoustic) but really fun to play.

are yo planning to get all the song? or just the intro?

Rock on :metal:

1 Like

Impressive stuff, Ruben! Your hard work is paying off for sure! :metal::metal::metal:

1 Like

Thx @Rumil,
It’s indeed a lot of fun to play this one :grin:
My goal is to be able to play the full song but it’ll take a while haha.

1 Like

Wow Ruben, that sounds terrific :smiley: .
To me as a beginner, it appears to be very complicated to play (and it certainly is :smiley: .).
Very well done. I’m looking forward to hear the whole song from you, as soon as you are ready :hugs: .

1 Like

thanks @NicoleKKB,
When i started playing this was one of the songs I really wanted to be able to play but it was a bit beyond my skill level as a fresh guitar player haha. So I took this one with me as a grew in my guitar playing and added to it. My goal is to be able to play the full song but it’ll take some time haha :grin:

1 Like