Oct 2024, Blue On Black

Hey guys heres yet another take on Blue on Black!! :slight_smile:
Hope yall like it!!

Just Edited!

Heres a video I made of it!!

7 Likes

Byron

Enjoyed this performance more and more as it progressed. The guitar is consistently good, maintaining time and keeping the song moving. One slight improvement, and I don’t lnow if this can be done, might be to have the vocals and accompaniment sound more together: in this recording it sounds like the vocal is being done over a backing track.

Brian

Well played Brian; it’s been a while since hearing this great song … :clap: :+1:
Nicely mixed and produced, and an enjoyable performance … :sunglasses:

Good stuff, Byron. I think that DAW has inspired you in all aspects of playing, vox, etc.

Thanks guys!

Good work Byron.

Thanks Willsie!

Not sure how i can mix it to fix that. Does the vocals need to be louder or lower to you?

It surely has!! Im having alot of fun with my DAW and such and learning alot in the process! Thanks man!

1 Like

Nice work Byron, always like listening to your productions.

I see what @beejay56 is referring to. For me I hear lots of great sound and effects from the instrumental parts however the Vox side sounds very “dry”. Caveat is I’m no expert but I find adding some reverb etc to the vocal will make it fit in better.

I have some settings I’ve started using for vocal that include Slapback Delay and during the application I pan one left and one right so it creates a stereo sound. I’m not sure if what I do is correct or if there are better ways, as I said, I am no expert but I keep playing around in Reaper with things until I think they sound right :face_with_peeking_eye: :thinking: :+1:

Hey Beejay! Now listen to it and lemme know what you think! Should be better!

1 Like

Thanks CD! Listen to it again and lemme know what you think and if that fixed it! I added reverb and slapback delay and lowered my vocals a tad. Cheers!

Byron

Listening to it now: your vocal is now far more in the space with all the accompaniment. This is an excellent cover: sounds like some of the moodier -is that possibel? - songs from Robert Smith / The Cure. Very enjoyable.

Brian

Thanks Brian!! :slight_smile:

Yes yes yes Byron. :+1: personally and yet again I say I’m no expert but loving that Vox far more than the original. Now to me it seems part of the instrumental it fits :+1:. Nice one :+1:

Wow! I love that tune. The realization is superb. I felt carried on the story of the song by the vocals and very tight rhythmical playing. I liked the acoustic being there as a second guitar! Top man. Also I guess I heard that after the edit with reverb / delay cause it was fitting nicely altogether.

Also what’s the story with that video? Very enjoyable to watch!

Thanks zlybilly!! So I just went to a free stock video site and downloading a lot of the videos and put them all together.

I tried to fit with the theme of the song, night falls and blue on black pretty much!!

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I can never hear this KWS song enough. One of my favorites. Nice cover!

Thanks wired, glad you liked it! This is one of my most fav songs ever by KWS! Just love it!

Hi Bytron,
Nice project you put together on this one. I have never heard the tune prior, but from what you posted, it sounded good.

Just a thought here to inspire you. Maybe at some point you might want to add your own drums and bass tracks? If you are into that, one suggesting for those would be midi sims EzD 3 (Easy Drummer 3) and Modo Bass. The first is on sale now and then. On Black Friday it is typically deeply discounted. Modo Bass might be on sale now and then, but I don’t watch the sales on that, much. Maybe think about it for a while, getting more into the DAW first and when you are looking for a new challenge, keep these in mind. I know you would have a lot of fun with them.

I liked your time lapse video and found it interesting.

All the best and keep up the good work,
LB