Okie From Muskogee - Cover by Batwoman & LBro

Hi Helen!
Thanks on the production, vox, guitars and professional touch comments. It is nice to hear after so many hours of work and fun!

Hope to hear more from you soon!
LB

1 Like

Fantastic job LB. Really enjoyed this, and Maggie, beautiful work on the harmony!

1 Like

Really great job guys nice country performance which I very much enjoyed :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s very inspiring to me to listen how professional the songs you post always sound! I don’t know the song but loved the country groove :clap::clap::clap: :blush:

The Good :smiley:
I always know I’m in for a high-quality musical treat when the Brother shares a vid.
Even more so when he enrolls esteemed community members to assist :smiley:
No exception here: Ace production: vox guitars, bass, drums, mix. You kept us waiting a while before bringing on the Diva, but worth every second :sunglasses:
Bravo!

The ‘hesitation’: :slightly_frowning_face:
Long-haired, sandal-wearing, peace-loving, joint-smoking hippies (“Guilty, your Honour”) pitched against manly leather-booted, flag-waving ‘squares’ whose greatest thrill is drinking moonshine
Hmmm… divisive at best :thinking:
As John said, Merle had some tough breaks in life and wrote this song meaning it. I’m glad he no longer agrees with those sentiments, but suspect many still do.
I didn’t like the lyrics when I first heard them, and they still make me sad.

Top job on the production though :sunglasses:

Hi Gordon,
Good to see you mate! Thanks on the nailed it comment. That is a great way to put it!

I actually sang the backing vox falsetto and it made my wife laugh at me. So I begged Maggie to help! Sure glad she accepted and she did a great job IMHO.

Hope you are doing ok and working on your next bit of magic!

Be well,
LB

Hi Darrell,
Glad this one struck your fancy and you liked it. I was talking to someone and we both flashed as Merle sang about long haired hippies and Willie was standing there with his long flowing locks! Pretty funny stuff.

I will try to keep them coming, but sadly I can’t probably count on @batwoman too much. She is ultra busy, keeping busy. LOL

You take good care and be well!
LB

2 Likes

Thanks for the great comments Roger! Maggie stole the show, by the show of endorsing posts made on her efforts I think! Trust me, she was a lot better there than I singing falsetto! Sadly the song only had backing at the end. I too would have liked to hear more Maggie, but then if so, she might not have said “yes” to the part. Being short, it allowed her to help out!

All the best and take good care!
LB

2 Likes

Hi Glen,
Thanks for the nice comments and you have a great week!
LB

Hi JJ,
I don’t know a lot of Merle’s stuff. So thanks for mentioning some of the other tops songs he did. I will check them out. The Dead have done at least a couple of Haggard songs that I know of! He must have been doing something right when he is covered by such bands!

All the best to you!
LB

@LBro @batwoman that was a fun song! And not a song I ever thought I’d call fun!!! Lol
Great job on the playing and the production LBro, and Maggie your voices blend together really nicely on this song! For the video I particularly enjoyed when Willie came into view with the lyric about long hair :joy:

1 Like

I’ll have to check out the Dead’s version of Mama Tried. My favorite cover of that song is the Everly Brother’s. Sing Me Back Home was on that same 8-track too - yes quite a few years ago! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One has to look out for them “woo” pitchers I would think.

Yep, a big time key change for sure, right about where you said. The song is very simple in makeup and I almost abandoned it due to that. The song structure is basically D - 8 bars, A - 8 bars (KEY CHANGE) Eb -8 bars & Bb 8 bars. It repeats those areas a few times and has a couple of variations. But that is about it… Very good of you (your ear) to pick that up Pam.

Maggie saved the day on this one! Just needed more of her in there!

All the best,
LB

Good stuff you contributed there JJ. I did some reading prior and found this one out. Merle felt he was accused of a one way, my way approach and did change later in life, just as you say.

Thanks again for posting the other tunes. I still have not got to those yet!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

And I will have to check out the Everly Brothers’ versions. Thanks.

1 Like

HI Rossco,
Makes my day to hear you like the vids. I put a lot of time into those, so that is nice to hear. Thanks for the other nice comments as well.

You be well and take care,
LB

Hey Think!
What you thinkin? :wink:

Glad this turn of the platter found its mark with your ears! Thanks and have a great day!
LB

Hi Adi,
Good to see you stop by and glad to hear you were not disappointed! Thanks for the kind words!

All the best to you and be well,
LB

Hi Sylvia,
Thanks so much for the nice words and thoughts. That means a lot and will keep me striving to produce more good covers & videos. I am glad you like the country groove. I have been on a country bent of late. Probably time to get back to rock or something!

All the best,
LB

1 Like

@LBro @batwoman
Hello, and congratulations to this awesome production :clap::+1::smiley:.
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea about all the big and smaller pieces it needs to produce a song. I’m more than busy with only playing easy songs and trying to sing along (more or less in tune :sweat_smile:). Therefore, I have great respect for everbody who accomplishes a whole song production. Chapeau :clap:.

1 Like