One Minute Changes Exercise

This is the best exercise to help you get faster at changing from one chord to another.

View the full lesson at One Minute Changes Exercise | JustinGuitar

4 Likes

This was so helpful! Thank you! I feel accomplished today.

3 Likes

the update with nitsuj spliced in is fantastic.

1 Like

That was fun! I started so slow and rough and got faster as I went, that makes so much sense. While they didn’t sound fantastic (and you said that wasn’t the goal!) I hit 32. I know it’s really early but I can see how you can build with this, thanks Justin.

3 Likes

Getting better every practice session with this exercise.

2 Likes

@jglo0318 @edrico @blyounker @Smokeyblu

Glad you are having fun with the OMCs but thought I’d say HI ! and Welcome to the new Community. Its good to see you here, why not pop over to the New Here Introduce Yourself section and tell us a little about yourself and your guitar journey.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/new-here-introduce-yourself/1531/8

2 Likes

This is a great exercise. I used it when I started learning nearly 10 years ago and it made a huge difference. Stick to it, you won’t regret it.

6 Likes

@blyounker @tony @Smokeyblu @edrico

Hey all! Welcome to the community. I read @TheMadman_tobyjenner post and now learned to tag you all!

These are important exercises and one I wish I had put more into at the beginning. I am 1 year in and am going back to do more 1-minute changes again because, although I did them a lot, apparently not enough.

I think I fell into the “I am getting pretty fast, the rest will come on it’s own” trap.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for the tip! If you can think of any other tips I’m all ears…or fingertips or whatever :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome…I’ll head over there and say Hi.

2 Likes

Awesome tip Justin, thank you! I’ve reached 17 strums/min at first go and will keep doing this great exercise changing A/D till i get to 60/min… yaay! feeling some accomplishment there especially with my fingers aching and killing me just typing this reply right after this training :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Karim

That’s a good start and be sure to keep at it. It really is a great exercise ! :smiley:

So in case you did not know the lesson Discussion is now a direct link into the JustinGuitar Community, what used to be the old forum but its now all joined up !

So Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post.

Have a look at the link below and maybe introduce yourself/

Cheers

Toby

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/new-here-introduce-yourself/1531/8

1 Like

I am up to 28 changes with my classical guitar, try on my steel string guitar, absolutely useless ?

1 Like

I managed 34 on my first attempt which I thought was good, but kept hitting the top string by mistake on the A chord.

1 Like

@eric750 @cb918

Welcome Eric and Chris, sound like you are both doing ok, it all takes a bit of time to build the speed up to begin with. But don’t be in a rush, let the speed develop naturally.

See the link in my post above and pop over and introduce yourselves. Great friendly Community here, with nothing but help and support.

Cheers

Toby :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Don’t kill youself over top E string, as Justin says it’s not overly important at the start. With time and practice you will get there

2 Likes

I’m returning after a year off. How do I return to the first practice in Module 1? It keeps returning me to Module 7. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Rick and welcome to the Community.

Are you using the app ? I don’t use it myself but if that is where the problem is I am sure someone will be along soon who can advise.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

I did 65 my first go, mainly because I play ukulele, and learned chord changes then. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Welcome all you gymnasts good to see you here.

2 Likes