One Minute Changes Exercise

That’s really fantastic progress :clap::+1::star_struck:.
And to your question: no, if you feel confident with the old A shape, that’s totally fine.
I think, Justin only introduces the other one, as it’s easier for beginners :wink:.

3 Likes

Just tried “newA-D” for the first time and was able to get 45 times. Was surprised, because I damaged my left hand in my childhood and basically not feeling comfortable with open chords.

3 Likes

Igor @igronus
Welcome to the community :+1:
You sound as though you have made a good start keep it up.
Michael

1 Like

18 chord changes in a min on my first try.

3 Likes

Brandon @Branyg

Welcome to the community.
Keep practicing you will be surprised how quickly the number goes up.
Michael :+1:

1 Like

Hey i saw that nitsuj has a planed practice schedule already with him.
Is There anything as such ? Or i am the only one who is trying to plan the practice scheule all by himself.? I mean do the practise assistant comes all plnned or i have to paln it manually.?

1 Like

There is a practice schedule for every module in grade 1 and 2. Click on the module and scroll down to the Practice video. You’ll find the link there to load the practice schedule into you PA

1 Like

I got 25 on my first try! This works great, Thanks Justin!

3 Likes

I hit 29 first!! So closeee

3 Likes

Congratulations :clap::+1:. Keep on practicing and you’ll get better and better :smiley:.

1 Like

Hello @JustChance and welcome to the community.

Yes. Justin emphasises this is forcing yourself to move your fingers quickly. Sloppy chords are allowed. Unless they are awfully sloppy in which case you reform the chord and don’t count the very bad one.

I must disagree in reference to One Minute Changes.
This exercise is not about hitting correct strings only, not about keeping a strumming hand moving, not about muting unwanted string noise.
It is all about consciously and deliberately pushing beyond a comfort zone of speed for chord changes - and allows for some sloppiness built in.

Yes.

1 Like

This is the bit I don’t get and goes against everything the Justin says. “Practise perfectly as practice makes permanent”. I always tried to do the chords as well as I could which probably meant I was slower. Didn’t see it as a problem doing it that way.

1 Like

You do need to apply some of your own judgement and quality control but the emphasis in this one, separate and isolated exercise is speed of movement.
It must be allied with all the other exercises and definitely must be set with Chord Perfect practice.

I did some practice on the first day and I just couldn’t really get the A chord right. Slept a night on it and the next day, did a few practice strums and I got into the groove. First attempt was right on the 30, second was 36 and I know I botched the last five seconds. I did not excpect to get to the thirty this fast se let’s get going to 60!

1 Like

27 was the number on my first try! This was actually very fun to do :slight_smile: and am surprised by how quick am making progress!

2 Likes

I’m picking up the guitar for the first time in five years and these lessons have been very helpful so far. I expected to get bored and skip ahead, but I’ve been finding some basic stuff that I could improve on. My D was really sloppily fingered and I like the alternative A fingering.

I got 59 on my first attempt at this exercise but each individual chord could have definitely had some improvement.

5 Likes

Ryan @Nezume
Welcome to the community :grinning:
When I was learning the A chord I did use Justin’s fingering because of the anchor finger idea.
However when I progressed to learn songs I just found it difficult to change to A accurately enough from say C or G chords so I went to fingers 1 2 3 in a line on strings 4 3 2 and was much happier with that.
Is that the way you have gone.
Michael :question:

1 Like

The 123 fingering of A was how I was originally taught.
When I first tried Justin’s fingering here I was able to get it to sound clear with less effort. And the anchoring with D is nice too.
I’ll have to try both versions with different chords to see what ends up working best for me with the most chord changes.

2 Likes

Always good to be able to play all fingerings for chords and apply most efficient based on the chord transitions.

3 Likes

I got 19, 20, 28, and 31 on my first 4 tries. Sometimes notes sound a little wonky thought. I guess accuracy will come with time. Thank you for this course it is really helping me out as I just picked up the guitar 2 days ago.

2 Likes