One of my Chet Atkins favorites

This weekend is Memorial Day in the US. Got me thinking about this classical guitar arrangement played by a master of the instrument. I hope you enjoy. The Stars and Stripes Forever Chet Atkins - YouTube

4 Likes

Chet’s pretty amazing. Unfortunately relatively unknown to a lot of people. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

That was amazing, Phillip! Thanks for posting!
As Roch says, a lot of people, especially younger people or those who aren’t Country music lovers, don’t know Chet. I can’t seem to get the link to post, but have you seen Chet Atkins with Mark Knopfler jam on YouTube? They played together quite a few years back & it’s really wonderful to listen to two masterful guitarists… if you search for both of their names together, it shows up.

Tod

1 Like

Got the link up!
Enjoy!

Tod

1 Like

Now, I aspire to being that good!

Thank you so much for finding and linking this gem, Tod! This is just incredibly good.

They play several songs together… I think that the length of the original session might be why it wouldn’t work… when I found the one I posted (which was just the one song) it uploaded just fine. Worth a search on UTube… Chet was truly great & the Gretsch Country Gentleman is one of my dream guitars!

Tod

1 Like