OP Avatar beside topic please

Haha, I had it in mind it was you, but couldn’t fing the thread.
Don’t worry, now that Brian’s on the job, it’ll happen lickety-split! :rofl: :roll_eyes:

Good luck!!! (20 characters).

The first avatar in the row next to it is from the topic creator…or you are looking at the phone, and is it different there,…or I don’t understand at all a peep of what mean here?

On the phone you just have only one avatar (of the last post) :slightly_frowning_face:

Oke,…that`s very…uh…not interesting indeed :grin:

No @roger_holland for you I just posted a more ‘interesting’ clip here :rofl: :roll_eyes:

With my very non-tech minded hat on I have just gone into settings to browse and see what lives there that might address this.
I come back with nothing to offer I’m afraid.
Maybe one of my more able and trusted colleagues can help.

I think this is correct …
If it is a new topic that you have not read at all, you will automatically go to post #1.
If you have read it previously you will go to the first unread post. Regardless of whose avatar shows as the ‘last poster’.

1 Like

That would seem right on my experience, certainly on the PC. On a revisit there will be a red line showing something like “lasted visited” and any new posts will follow that. The last post Avatar remains the last one who has posted. Cue Bugle ! :trumpet:

:joy: :blush:,
Of course I am aware of this…I do miss a lot of topics by now because of the enormous crowds here…but I don’t feel like I am yet ready to play for (also a super sweet) audience…I am still trying to playing my first whole song well…since i don’t sing it’s quite a thing to put down something nice i think…but there will come a time… :blush:

1 Like

No, I wasn’t suggesting you should play (although everybody should try it at least once!); just that I had added a comment/clip this morning (scroll down) that you might ‘relate’ to :wink:

I’m reading my previous post again and realise it sounds a bit harsh. I know our Mods are doing their best to sort out and improve forum issues. They are stuck within an existing platform format.

3 Likes

Carrots are for wusses… now where’d I leave my stick? :laughing:

2 Likes

Another thing I miss is the ability to see – at a glance – whether I’ve already replied to a topic. Sometimes you can see your own avatar, but if there are many replies is might not display.

2 Likes

right on time! :smiley:

We know and currently we try to work via prio’s
This involves Ben (the developer) and he is involved in more pressing issues than this item.

I’m labelling this “needs-review” (so it can be found again as well :wink: )

2 Likes

Indeed, these suggestions are not complaints, rather suggestions along the lines of: “Hey, if it’s not a lot of work, this would make it even smoother”
(That’s as close to ‘carrot’ as I can find :smiley:)

Your carrot has gone a little limp Brian.

3 Likes

:flushed:evil:…
That was a tough ride :joy:

That is correct, Richard.

By which you mean Lieven or Ben as I haven’t a clue where to go to change the behaviour or configuration of how this site works on a phone.

I can imagine this could be quite tricky. Particularly thinking about a Topic to which you might make multiple replies.

Here’s an example from the old forums. Basically, if you’ve responded to a topic (at least once) there’s a little graphic that indicates that.

That shows that I had not replied to the “What we did before the internet” topic, but I had one or more replies in the “Being in a band takes a lot of time…” topic.

I don’t know how difficult implementing something like that in the new software might be, but thought I’d mention it since it’s a feature that I found useful.

5 Likes