Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

If it was working like this every time we would be able to do wonderful collabs live during OM! :pleading_face:

1 Like

You are very much in my thoughts Richard. Iā€™m sending mega loads of wishes for opportunities and income that are a match for the man you are, the skills and experience you have and the all round excellence that is Richard.

2 Likes

@adi_mrok donā€™t encourage him Adi :grin:

2 Likes

Ah jeez @Richard_close2u thatā€™s not the kind of drastic we were hoping for. I hope something sorts itself out for you, itā€™s simply awful that contract workers can have no rights. I really hope something even better comes along for you.

3 Likes

Is it too late to ask if I could join the audience? Iā€™m UTC time zone. Thanks.

Yeah I supposed we could let another in from the NE ! :wink: Only joking the more the merrier ! Iā€™ll send a message with the required info.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Toby, Iā€™d like to squeeze into the audience! Iā€™m in UTC-5, Rhode Island, US(of)A.

1 Like

Could you please add me to the audience list? (UTC).

Would be happy to do a short instrumental interlude (dip my toe in), but donā€™t want to stir my great spoon of chaos into the plan or mess with the formatā€¦

Dave

Happy to add you to the audience. The next one is likely to be in a couple of months, so if youā€™re up for it you can join the performers for that one. With the new Community weā€™ve taken on more ā€œactsā€ than we have before to accommodate more folk and its likely to be a long one, so Iā€™d prefer to leave things set as they are with just two weeks to go. Anyway, you get a chance to look before you leap ! :rofl:

Will send an PM with necessary info.

Cheers

Toby

Sounds like a plan, cheers bud

1 Like

Hi, please can I be added to the audience? :slightly_smiling_face: thanks (UTC).

Hi Rowena and a welcome to the Community from me ! :sunglasses:

Price of a ticket is an entry in the Introduce Yourself Category so we can vet your suitability :wink: Only joking feel free to join us. Iā€™ll add you to the list and send you a message with the access details.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE OUR BIGGEST EVER ! :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Entry for performers is now closed but anyone is more than welcome to join the audience and I will keep accepting requests up to the kick off - well maybe a few hours before hand so I can do some prep work. :wink:

I think we have a 300 seat virtual auditorium, is that right @adi_mrok ?

A quick headcount shows ā€¦ drum roll !!

16 acts
34 in the audience

Man thatā€™s 50 peeps and @JustinGuitar will try and pop in if his schedule allows.

Performers its T - 11 hope everyone is rehearsing.

Lets Rock

2 Likes

Yes I am pretty sure 300 is our limit, we should be okay for this OM but boy with this rate 100 will pop on another one! :scream:

1 Like

Absolutely no pressure !

1 Like

Man I am so sorry to hear that Richard. Sending as many positive vibes your way I can.

2 Likes

Itā€™s awesome, Toby, and going to be fantastic.

1 Like

A real baptism of fire I think. :rofl: :anguished:

Youā€™ll be fine Stefan ! :sunglasses:

Indeed. Weā€™ll all be fine. It is about fun, learning, an experience. Itā€™s not the Albert Hall or Madison Square Gardens.

Iā€™ve not yet played songs at an Open Mic, either the Communityā€™s or my local event, without the odd hiccup. But itā€™s OK, keep playing, and it is all fine. I think my most extreme was to sing the wrong line of a verse. I just kept playing the progression and sang the correct line when the progression came around.

Butterflies are normal, even good to get one up for it, but keep it all in perspective and remember we are all learning and doing this for fun.

3 Likes