Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

Trond

Consider yourself on board. I assume you are UTC -1 / CET in Norway ? Iā€™ll send you message with all the required info. Let me know if you need help but should be straight forward.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Yep. UTC-1 is correct :+1:

1 Like

Make your life easy and just buy an acoustic Toby. :smiley:

1 Like

I have 2 and by Monday maybe a 3rd. :sunglasses:

Ooooooo! I know I donā€™t need to say this but pictures please. :slight_smile:

In here somewhere amongst the other drivel :rofl

:rofl:

Ahhh, no, Iā€™ve seen those :stuck_out_tongue: I meant when, sorry Iā€™ll rephrase that, if, you get a new one. :smiley:

What new one :wink: Youā€™ll have to wait but as my missus has not been out due to her health and its Valentineā€™s and I made the mistake of dropping something in the Thomannā€™s Wish List to mull over, there be another big box here abouts !

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to this:
@DavidP doing a bit of stand-up
@adi_mrok going in over his head
and @TheMadman_tobyjenner tackling the tech of quad-cams :rofl:
Remember why weā€™re here- not to impress, but to have a go at performing whatever we like with a bunch of mates.
Mach Schau! as they said in Hamburg :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I am in midst of replumbing and will be happy to have my one webcam behaving and no spurious crackles.
That will be the only impressive thing Iā€™ll be aiming for as I now seem to be in USB meltdown. :sob:

2 Likes

Standing up (again) to play, Iā€™ll leave the stand-up to you, Brian :laughing:

:thinking: youā€™ve seen this pattern often enough :thinking: ā€˜mistakeā€™ :wink: just setting the inevitable wheels in motion ā€¦ itā€™s a gas gas gas :laughing:

Tick Tock

The Clock is ticking faster !

Love the timer, Toby.

Rehearsal going faster. Thereā€™ve been a couple of days when Iā€™ve wished that the rehearsal was the show, other times when itā€™s a relief to move on and come back another day. Pretty much par for the course.

@DavidP

Glad some one is paying attention, its all very quiet here with less than a week to go. Glad to hear your dry runs are going ok, wish I could say the same ! :scream:

Sorted my bleeding out - I set up a pre-master track in Reaper (as we discussed elsewhere) but had left the original track to master connections in place, doh! So was getting a double feed !! All sorted and no clipping but I am back to where I was with Zoom at OM5 and picking up a DI type signal (and just one mic this time!!). Video and sound record fully mastered in OBS but not in Zoom. So some more things to look at but worse comes to it Iā€™ll just declare the AI in Zoom and keep it simple. Fun and games.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, clock-watching is all well and good, but it wonā€™t help with preparations :laughing:
We have the largest group signed up to date- all ā€˜hypeā€™ can do is increase expectationsā€¦
Are we sure we want to go there? :rofl:
Iā€™m planning on something a little ā€˜differentā€™, but not as different as this:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take care of the performance setup on Sat morning. Just my simple guitar and mic into Play Acoustic, into 2i2, into OBS, into Zoom. With the Play Acoustic I have no need to add Reaper into the chain.

Now one day if I decide to play my electric, through the looper into Reaper but the Birdbox Orchestra looks more likely.

Youā€™ve dropped a bunch of hints Brian ā€¦ no more hype is needed. Other than having to follow our resident gigging band leader, Iā€™ll be glad to get my simple strum a dum dum done early on.

Oooo Brain,
This is not good to let us watchā€¦Bad brainā€¦i`m gone :wavy_dash: :wheelchair:

My setup will be as simple as I can make itā€¦all instruments into my mixer, mixer into laptop via USB (just select that as the audio input), webcam as video sourceā€¦I did a quick trial run at the weekendā€¦might do another. I think I know what songs Iā€™m doing :grinning:

1 Like

Usual setup for me as well, going with acoustic set this time so hopefully no issues with playing around with levels in between :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: on practice side I donā€™t think itā€™s all gonna be oven baked ready, might be some rough meat in some spots!