Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

Well the month of February is upon us and the countdown to our next online Open Mic begins.

Although this is the Justin Guitar Community’s sixth open mic event, since we held the first trial back in March last year, it will be first held since the launch of our brand new Community infrastructure here. Not surprisingly it has attracted our highest number of performers and an ever growing audience of record numbers !! :smiley:

I will be sending out the Zoom conference link to both performers and audience members later this evening but wanted to post the official running order for the show. The order has been set to reflect the many global time zones we will be running in and to best accommodate the performers location.

So here it is JGC Open Mic VI

Further information on past events and technical set up can be found here.

Its going to be a big un ! But remember, most of all its about having fun and enjoying yourself.

A big thank to all who have signed up to perform and also to those who have signed up to support the event “in person” on the night.

Thank you all.

Toby
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ann are you still interested in joining the audience now the date and time has been set ? Please confirm. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@MDS formally of the old forum.

I added your name to the audience list before we jumped ship and now MDS brings up multiple usernames, there are 2 Mikes. Can you confirm your new JGC usernames so I can send your audience information via PM.

Cheers

Toby

Offline mds

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2021, 07:46:48 pm »

Hi

I would like to join the audience.

Thanks…

Mike
New Hampshire

Something drastic has happened.

I’ve been made redundant effective from Friday 4th February.

Now - how to circumvent the swear filter.

Big ###### and ###### ######## ####

Wodda Fudda !! Howd that happen ???
OK how many songs is that angst and adrenaline gonna summon up then.
Grabbing a Pelforth in commiserations and will update the flyer.

Bstds !! :angry:

:open_mouth: Oh no Richard is that good or bad news! I hope the former from your perspective. Still a shock either way. But good for the work on the track for the om :wink:

Effective Friday?! That’s a bit drastic, or are you self employed? I am sure some better opportunity lies ahead and perhaps this might mean more guitar time? Hope you are keeping well Richard.

3 years 9 months with not one single day off working for a local authority teaching children in care.
Zero hours agency work, No contract, no rights.
Something to do with funding.

Right sorted. Beer open and flyer updated so you can’t back out now ! I’ve put you on after Brian, to restore sanity if needed, unless you’re going to go all Anarchy in the UK stylie, init ? :sunglasses:

Damn sounds rough, I feel for you and I hope you get to find some equally rewarding opportunity on a lot better employment terms.

Bad, very, very bad.
Really bad.

Damn Richard the working rights are going to hell with these zero hours contracts or generally any contract/self employed type work. I feel for you Richard as I was in a similar position in 2018…. I’m sure with your work ethic and mindset something will come up.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner looks great to me Toby, thanks!

@Richard_close2u that’s some terrible news Richard, really sorry to hear that! Hope things work out for you.

1 Like

I’m really sorry that happened Richard. Persevere mate. You’ll come out stronger in the other end.
I wish I could help somehow but we’re in very different fields. Let me know anyhow.
Stay strong and stay safe.

Yes. I would love to be in the audience. With the goal of playing at it one day.

Yay!! This is so exciting! We’re all going to kick this!! I have a question though, it seems like the times we go on were suppose to be posted somewhere, but I don’t see them? Help, fellow shredders!

Oh no Richard. That’s disturbed me. May better opportunities be around the next corner.

That is horrible news Richard. I hope you find something soon.

Hi Jak good to see you are still excited about performing ! Sorry but we cannot give individual start times, as each performance will vary in duration and folks may drop out at the last minute or experience technical issues on the night. We have only ever published the event start time, 13:00 in your case and folks tend to turn up at the beginning, support the other performers and wait to be called. So the intention was to advise the start time relative to people’s time zone, not their actual performance. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Toby

2 Likes

I didn’t say I’d perform!

Eek

Just that something drastic had happened.
haha

Can I maintain audience status until / unless I get my hands round my guitar meaningfully.

2 Likes