Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

@batwoman
Just out of interest, if you live in Australia do you consider Europe to be East or West of you?

1 Like

That makes perfect sense! Two OMs back to back would be awesome! Also means we can have longer slots since there are less performers right? :grin:

2 Likes

@sairfingers Gordon I consider Australia to be the centre of the universe. :laughing: I have a slim grip on the arrangement of the rest of the world, geography was never of interest to me. If Iā€™m pushed to answer itā€™s Europe on the left of us and that I guess would be West? I donā€™t know. :crazy_face:

1 Like

:rofl: fair enough Maggie. Iā€™d say West because when you are thinking about supper Iā€™m just digesting my breakfast :grin: And unless you are a flat-earther then left or right, west or east, it matters not youā€™ll arrive on my doorstep eventually.

That sort of logic makes sense to my antipodean brain :grin:

1 Like

UTC +11 is the East Coast of Australia, Summer Time. Most of the year we are UTC+10.
QLD donā€™t do daylight saving, so they remain on UTC+10 all year.
The rest of Australia will be earlier in the day.

2 Likes

@TheMadman

Hey Toby,

Can you put me down in the audience for the February OM. Thanks. Iā€™m getting closer to putting my hand up as performer. Maybe the one afterā€¦

1 Like

Yeah sorry mate _ UTC +11 , NSW, East Coast.

If thereā€™s still room, Iā€™m down for performing either Saturday. Iā€™ve always wanted to perform either ā€œThinking Out Loudā€ by Ed Sheeran, even been working some on the Major Pentatonic solo.

1 Like

David

No problem Iā€™ll add you to the roster. As you can see with the amount of interest, now we have opened to a wider community, we may split the event so we get max opportunity for everyone globally. Can you confirm you Timezone, UTC if possible ?

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Toby -

Please add me to the audience list.
UTC-5

Thanks!

Tom

1 Like

Will do Tom :+1: :+1:

Iā€™d love to be in the audience for this, unfortunately I have to work late shift on Saturdays, so Iā€™m unlikely to be able to see it live :frowning: ; however that wonā€™t be a problem in April, as Iā€™m planning to take early retirement at the end of this tax year :smiley:

Add me to the audience please!

Will update the list later John. UK Snorbans or this new Oz one ! Would want to get the timezone wrong. :sunglasses:

Well until the pandemic struck we had been researching doing the Savannah way road trip to mark retirement and our 40th, so if that had panned out we may well have been in the Northern territories in February! Sadly that was not to be. So definitely UTC Snorbens this time round.

Edit: actually not true. February wrong time of year for NT.

1 Like

@skeletor83 David can you please confirm your time zone. Thx. :sunglasses:

UTC 6:00 central standard time USA

Put me in the audience. So when is the date? My UTC -6

@skeletor83 David - thanks for confirming.

@pkboo3 Pam - will do.

Date is to be confirmed as it is still early days and folks are still moving into the new house. Depending on what time zone the performers are in and their numbers, it keeps growing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, we may have to do two !!! So it could be either or both.

It will need reviewing in the new year and dates can be firmed up mid-Jan, giving about a months run in, which seems fair.

Watch this space :sunglasses: