Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

There is an option to increase globally from 10 in settings. I’ll discuss with @LievenDV

2 Likes

If there are still spots open please add me to the audience UTC -5
John

Hi John and welcome to the Community.
Yes no problem adding to the audience list. I have had multiple power outages and my internet is down at the moment and my mobile signal is intermittent.

@Richard_close2u sorry to ask Richard but could you update the table please. French telecommunications may see me down until Monday!

1 Like

You’re in John and very welcome you are too. :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s going to be a big Open Mic to start the year ( or Two maybe)

Looking good Jason.

Timezone spread for players is 8 hours across EMEA and the States and 13 signed up. So ten minutes each will take us to 130 minutes, on a 120 minutes slot (assuming that is still the max @adi_mrok ).

I for one will be happy to drop down to one song only, especially as I am yet to chose one !!

I’ll send a message to performers later to day and see how many songs they plan to do, working on the 10 minutes max and the build that in to the table. Then we can see if we need to do two events.

Maybe firm up date and time next weekend so folks have plenty of time to prepare :sunglasses:

@Richard_close2u thanks for the table update. Power stable around 0100 and internet back some time overnight ! Storms and French l’ecky don’t play well together ! :sunglasses:

Well I tried editing the roster to look like this

Zone Time Name Username No of Songs
UTC+2 hh:mm David @DavidP
UTC+2 hh:mm Ivan @SS7
UTC +1 hh:mm Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner 1

And hit the “can only mention 10 members” problem again. Bizarre as it let me put more than 10 in to start the thread. :roll_eyes:

Toby - it was only when I did editing that I put in the @ tags … you hadn’t done that originally. So it must be a mod facility only.

OK Maybe that makes sense, so much going on here I am losing track !

If I take them out, I can amend the Roster and add the “Songs” section. Without the @ I still have all the info I need to message folks. Just defrosting after dog walk so will give it some thought. :sunglasses:

From what I know on corporate licence there isn’t a time limit on Zoom, not sure where this did come from Toby?

Adi

Well if that the case there should not be an issue overrunning.

I seem to recall a 2 hour limit coming in the early discussions last year but maybe that was just a view of how long to run for. At the time I assumed (yes ass + me :llama: - still no donkey!) it was a limitation on Zoom.

I certainly do not think running to 2 hr 15 m for example would be an issue and if folks agree, then I think everyone can be accommodated. I would imagine folks doing it for the first time might only have one in the pocket anyway.

But it would be good to know how many songs in advance, so we can prime the audience on showtime and more importantly factor an estimated run to chose the best time slot for those involved.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Something rings a bell that there is an 1h30 limit if you don’t have a corporate licence which I have so it’s not an issue here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. I’ll see what comes back in the “mail” to the performers and put everyone down for their max, so we can get an idea anyway. Cheers Adi.

1 Like

Which is the only reason we’re able to have these OMs in the first place without some ridiculous participant or time limitations. Thanks Adrian, truly.

Not sure what decent alternatives we’d have otherwise. StreamYard anyone? :sweat_smile: By the way what happened to the whole livestream idea anyway, don’t believe we ever got a straight answer. @Richard_close2u @LievenDV

1 Like

I think Justin got so busy … temporary living arrangements and overseeing the entire renovation of his house & studio, urgent and huge workload on getting the new app ready for release on android and ios, new and ongoing website design and lessons, home-schooling …

Hey. If it’s desirable to have an expected song count, I’m prepping two but can do one if that’s preferable. Actually, technically I’m prepping three, all under 3 minutes, I’m just anticipating being too nervous to attempt the trickiest one even if there is time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Mike

I’ll put you down for 2 and if we get time you could always do the tricky one at the end :wink:
No seriously I’ll book you in for 2. As there are no time constraint within Zoom, there will be plenty of room for everyone working on a 10 minutes slot each. That being a fluid 10 minutes as well.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

Hi there , I am a justin camper alumni who just plugged into this forum, not sure why I never did before, it looks great. Would be interested in joining this event as audience if still possible, cheers Eric

Eric

Plenty of room in the audience. Can you let me know your timezone in UTC so I can add you to the list. We should have the date and time firmed up fairly soon and near the time audience and performance will be sent a Zoom link to verify access,

Cheers

Toby

Hi Toby, I am on UK time, thanks for the quick response