Open Mic 007: Recording + After-Show Chat

It was great to see so many performing at their first Open Mic. #2 is a lot less scary :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve watched you on AVOYP, Jozsef … you are already there.

3 Likes

I felt the same mate, I don’t think I dared to look at the screen even once while I was playing :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s a huge compliment that I will take to heart! Tone is a big deal for me, hence the mic’d tube amp and pedalboard setup.

I should add that it was LOUD in my little room, I hope some of the feedback from my Gretsch was captured in recording. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was sweet Clint

2 Likes

But i really have to take my hat off for @KevinKevan

Everyone of you were great!! But Kevin brought something very special to the table tonight. The one he had made himself were… in search of words… pure art. It touched me that one…

Thanks Kevin!!

5 Likes

This was so entertaining. Loved the vocals. Each performance was done so well. This may have been my favorite.

3 Likes

I believe it’s been said Mari, but your performance with Krista was another level. One of the best Wild Horses cover I’ve seen.

4 Likes

Pretty sure nobody noticed, Trond, and if you keep playing as you did if you flubbed then even if one notices the moment comes and goes so fast that it really doesn’t matter. I’d wager that everybody who played will tell you they made mistakes, have played their songs better. So chill about that, and the more you do the more relaxed you’ll become.

2 Likes

Your tone is awsome @CT it really is!! I am a big fan!!

3 Likes

Really appreciate the comment. It means a lot. Thanks!

3 Likes

Jozsef with your AOVYP posts you are already there.
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hahahaha… same here… dont think about it my friend. You were impressive!

2 Likes

@tRONd , I was called away during your set, so I will have to catch it on the video. Your stuff is always super soulful and tasty. Glad to have you on the forum!

4 Likes

Big shout out to Brian for organising this special OM! Top notch mate, and all class!
Cheers, Shane

5 Likes

@CT :pray::pray::pray:

If you watch… there is a few small solos in between that i skipped. It is supposed to be filled up with your guitar sound and some cool laidback licks :grin:

2 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner , Forever Young was a really nice choice. I had my eye on covering that one at some point, but you made it your own. Well done sir!

3 Likes

Spot on David, I lashed loads up tonight but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, You just keep rolling but the video mosaic really threw me and took my head out of the game for a while. Now I know why I usually leave a neutral screen up when I am playing !
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

You’re going to make me blush :sweat_smile:
But seriously thank you, I guess I figured out not long ago that I’m not interested in becoming a technical player, I’m more interested in making songs, and some of my favorites are very simple… So I’m trying my thing.

It was a pleasure to give up the stage to you Trond, I was already a fan of your videos but seeing that live was something else.

2 Likes

Dear Mari,
Okay…just a quick thank you for the great song that I’ve only heard about 300+ times…and you did it absolutely justice…without a doubt…we really enjoyed it… thanks…

3 Likes