Open Mic 007: Recording + After-Show Chat

Could always cue the dry run video up on OBS, When called hit play, sit back and crack a beer open. :rofl:

3 Likes

Another enjoyable OM, thanks to all the performers and organizers for that and it was a fitting event to honour Richard for all his work for the community. Thanks to Brian for coming up with the idea.

4 Likes

Just going through the chat transcript and had a teary wobble.
@Mari63 good call out for Hilts, missed that last night.

Hilts

Sadly missed. RIP my man. :cry:

6 Likes

I missed that also. Hilts - a fine man still remembered fondly in these parts. :heart:

4 Likes

Just to put my comment into context

20:03:40 From Mari Bishop to Everyone:
You know who would have loved these Open Mics? Hilts. I think of him when Canadian music is in the mix

3 Likes

Thanks for that Toby and Mari. I missed the chat comment (not the only one I missed) and miss Hilts … a class man and fine musician.

3 Likes

Video now embedded in post 1 above.
Thanks, as ever, Adrian.

2 Likes

Thank you Richard !

1 Like

Cheers Richard… quite happy with how it went last night… Now I need to do it again tonight in front of a live crowd :grinning: It really is one of those things where the more you do it the easier it becomes BUT it never becomes easy.

4 Likes

Best of luck Retrospective ! I am sure you’ll smash it Jason !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would not worry too much Jason! You sounds amazing
You are pure Rock n roll…

2 Likes

So sorry for that Toby, it was my bloody curiosity that kicked in but I wasn’t expecting anyone seeing it, if you switch to gallery view it doesn’t affect other users and I was sure it’s the same with Immersive view! Oh well lesson learnt :grin:

For all you techy geeks a funny fact - it was first ever video I needed to play around with audio envelope on audio track. I only increased volume on my first performance (I was expecting it being a bit quiet) and decreasing volume in my second, Richards, Jason’s, Toby’s and Lieven’s performances. All of ours was sort of -4 dB with Lieven’s second song going to -6.5, very strange it got so distorted however on the video it seems Lieven is doing something to his jack port and that could have affected the sound? Anyways just an interesting thing but not disturbing at all while cooking up the video :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks to @brianlarsen for letting me hang out with the cool kids!

Thanks to @DavidP for the sound check and emcee work!

Thanks to @adi_mrok for the A and the V work!

Can’t do anything of value without a team and a lot of effort. Thanks to all who viewed it live and will view it later!

Thanks to a great line up of courageous folk!

Had a blast !

More songs to work up on the song app for AVOYP to get close and send ‘em….Rod

4 Likes

Were is the link to the recording of last nights show? I can only find a link to the chat.

1 Like

At the top of this thread Gordon

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone that was brilliant and very inspirational… looking forward to the next one. Thanks for organizing and thanks to Richard for supporting the community.

5 Likes

I have just watched the recording for OMVII and WOW. So much talent on display and enjoying every second of it. So hard to pick out any one but I have to say the Wild Horses of Mari & Krista was sublime.

As a fairly new member of this community, it is obvious of the love and respect shown for Richard comes shining through. Many thanks to everyone that makes this community what it is.

Congrats to everyone
Tony

6 Likes

@bigbird that’s very kind of you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you Tony, your words are much appreciated.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice of you to say Tony and thanks for watching it! :wink:

1 Like