Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

Eric

It is in the OM8 Running Order PM adi updated 5 days ago. Looks like an advert for zoom but is actually the link. If you find it test it works if not shout back, as I am monitoring chatter for these types of issues.

Toby
:sunglasses:

Wow that took a bit of finding, I would not have managed that without your help, cheers guys

Can you confirm access just in case Eric?

yes it appears to work thanks. I have been trying to configure an external camera and mic for first time so I hope it all works, I read the thread about OBS, VC Cable etc ( which were all new to me), tested it on a zoom call and it appeared to work so hope it does on tonights call.

You can declare the camera and mic within Zoom and not use OBS if you prefer and no need for virtual cables. Its a quick fall back if things go pear shape. Just go into the Zoom settings and select Video and Audio to declare your kit. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The easy route :slight_smile:

Thanks , will keep that in mind

1 Like

@Socio

Thanks James. I was mistaken and that reinforces the decision to share the link directly.

7 takes and we finally made it through without any major muck ups (all of them being my muck ups) - is that good or bad?!?! Lol

See you all in a few hours

3 Likes

I don’t think I had one go without a mock up on any of the songs so far so all good! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well even if my fingers, for some reason, can’t remember which order the chords go in, I’ll still be able to sing at you. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Holding off on today’s rehearsals until T-120 mins. That way I’ll hope to be clamless come kick off. :scream:

2 Likes

I don’t talk about muck ups anymore I just call them artistic variations :grinning:

4 Likes

and I seem to artistically vary more often than not

4 Likes

When do typically the first person log on for soundchecks etc.??

Usually from about 30 minutes before Trond.

Given the numbers I may jump on 45 minutes before, have to see how the evening goes.

Ok david… ill jump in 45 min before. So you and me can have a really deep and long conversation before the other jumps in :rofl:

1 Like

So ill log on 20:45 «Toby time» :rofl:

Which happens to be David time also :laughing: the UTC+2 brigade

And how strange is that??? You are about on the other side of the globe compared with the UK people… and still… we habe the same time :rofl::rofl::rofl: