Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

I’m sorry to say this so close to the event, but would it be possible for me to perform sooner? There is a slight chance that I’ll have to leave at 10 PM (30 minutes after the start) so if I could have some of the very first slots it would be great.
Sorry again for asking so late :disappointed_relieved:

That’s no problem Kevin I will put you down as a second performer that should make it work :slight_smile: I will amend it in a second.

1 Like

Interesting as I was able to navigate the forum without being logged in. I thought you just had to be logged in to post on the forum.

Thanks Adrian, you’re the man!

1 Like

Dumb question from first time Open Mic’r, how to I join the zoom session , is there a link i need ? Thanks

any troll who wants to gate-crash the party only has to ask for a link to get one.
There’s very little ‘disruptive’ behavior in the community in general, thanks to all here.
I can’t imagine if someone started acting up at the OM, that the MC wouldn’t mute/exclude them (well, ok, maybe not if you’re joining in someone else’s song :laughing:)
I’m not sure what the max we’ve had online is, but I seriously doubt we could get 300 to join before the show kicked off!
I was just thinking there are probalby some people out there who would click on the link to have a look what it’s about, without having to put in an official request to be part of an audience.

Anyway that sounds a bit whingy, which it’s not meant to be. I have my link and hope to be catching at least some of it tonight and the rest later :smiley:
Have a great gig everyone :sunglasses:

1 Like

Eric you should have a private message in your inbox with the link in.

Eric

It is in the OM8 Running Order PM adi updated 5 days ago. Looks like an advert for zoom but is actually the link. If you find it test it works if not shout back, as I am monitoring chatter for these types of issues.

Toby
:sunglasses:

Wow that took a bit of finding, I would not have managed that without your help, cheers guys

Can you confirm access just in case Eric?

yes it appears to work thanks. I have been trying to configure an external camera and mic for first time so I hope it all works, I read the thread about OBS, VC Cable etc ( which were all new to me), tested it on a zoom call and it appeared to work so hope it does on tonights call.

You can declare the camera and mic within Zoom and not use OBS if you prefer and no need for virtual cables. Its a quick fall back if things go pear shape. Just go into the Zoom settings and select Video and Audio to declare your kit. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The easy route :slight_smile:

Thanks , will keep that in mind

1 Like

@Socio

Thanks James. I was mistaken and that reinforces the decision to share the link directly.

7 takes and we finally made it through without any major muck ups (all of them being my muck ups) - is that good or bad?!?! Lol

See you all in a few hours

3 Likes

I don’t think I had one go without a mock up on any of the songs so far so all good! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well even if my fingers, for some reason, can’t remember which order the chords go in, I’ll still be able to sing at you. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Holding off on today’s rehearsals until T-120 mins. That way I’ll hope to be clamless come kick off. :scream:

2 Likes

I don’t talk about muck ups anymore I just call them artistic variations :grinning:

4 Likes