Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

You guys rock! :sunglasses:
Forget about whether you play well or not. (It’s a given you will not perform as well as you can).
You’re sharing where you’re at with a bunch of people who are interested in hanging out with you.
Remember to breath, smile and enjoy yourselves.
As for all the others… well, you’ve been there before and know all about it, so no sympathy comments from me :rofl:
@TheMadman_tobyjenner, you had me worried for a moment the other day when you had everything sorted. Wouldn’t be right without a meltdown from across la Manche :laughing:

4 Likes

Yes looking really good with the number of Newbies, should be a great show. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No its what normally happens in the last hour before the kick off. :rofl: Anyway, dry run recorded and forecast says nothing about storms, so should be good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Eric

I am sure you’ll be fine. Just remember, at the end of the day its about having some fun with like minded friends.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah its the usual Swan syndrome kicking in !! It was just a matter of time, as it all seemed to be going so well. But better with 24 hours to go and not the usual 24 minutes. Gonna miss you not playing big man !! Make sure you are squared for OM 9 please.

2 Likes

I just sat down for a run through, and my obs has all changed, It was all docked in small windows and has now gone horizontal. Figured that out and had to recreate my scene, no sound on zoom, as I had forgotten the monitor and output. It is all fixed now and managed a successful zoom recording.

Tomorrow is going to be really hot here 95F (35C) and my room is always pretty hot, so that will be the reason for my sweaty palms :wink:

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Phil all will be well I am sure, there is no dress code so you know swimming speedos are acceptable as far as I am concerned. After all we had a chap with blue wig once so nothing will surprise me! :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A suitably placed guitar body would cover all manner of things. You could go native. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Are they? :rofl: We call them budgie smugglers here in oz.

Will be great to hear the experienced hands play live as well as the debutants. I am some mild nerves but not too bad. Will need to check the zoom config again to make sure no app updates nuked my setup. Unless the PC gremlins only visit @TheMadman_tobyjenner

3 Likes

The “bad” jokes, encouraging words and talking about clammy hands are now at its peak…So It’s about to start for all of you :crazy_face: :partying_face:…Have fun later/tonight european time .And especially for the sweaty hands people,…Enjoy it…I’m going to look back with great pleasure, I’m sure :sunglasses: :guitar: :microphone:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

You should check with the moderators as to sartorial etiquette.
I believe the ‘southern hemispheres’ were just about covered by a pair of skimpy hot pants-
Two for the one preece, I believe… :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Wishing you all good luck for this evening (especially the newbies). I’m sure you’ll have a blast. Hopefully I’ll be back to enjoy most of it live! :guitar: :drum: :microphone:

2 Likes

Sweaty palms, tension even trembles in the arms, shortness of breathe, elevated heart rate, and a sudden dryness in the mouth

Hot diggerty … I’m so miserable that I’ve been compelled to opt out and miss all that, the thrill of the moment, the elation once done, the sense of achievement and feeling of tarnation, it was over just as I was really getting into it.

10.5 hrs, clock is winding down, soooooooooo

1 Like

Can I have a link to join the audience, Adrian?

1 Like

I know it’s been discussed before, but can someone remind me why we don’t simply post the link here on the thread?

It’s security/privacy related, Brian, done to attempt to eliminate the risk of the event being gate-crashed by some troll who jumps in for whatever unwelcome purposes.

One may say that the need to be a registered user of JustinGuitar is sufficient to prevent that, but at this stage the general feeling is that the extra admin of sharing the link is worth the effort to manage the risk.

1 Like

In addition to what @DavidP said, there is an upper limit in Zoom. So if any of the thousand of registered Community members all access the link, you could in fact lock out all of the performers. Mmm that could be interesting. By targeting the individual via PM that can be controlled and minimise all chance of a lock out.

1 Like

I agree with David so far we had 0 issues with trolls which means somehow it works and we are able to deter the trolls. So I don’t mind sending the link in PM to anyone

1 Like

I just included you in the private message with the link at the top check your inbox John :slight_smile:

1 Like