Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

That’s okay Laurie we need audience as well :grin: and I am sure you will catch a bug eventually :grinning:

2 Likes

Add me to the audience. UTC-5.

Ooh, you’re so demanding!

2 Likes

I am not going to vote or commit. The show goes on regardless.
There is one weekend I definitely cannot make … unless I do a Brian and rope in a coterie of others - as Mrs C & I have a weekend away to celebrate a friend’s 60th birthday.

2 Likes

Please can you put me down for one song?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha, straight outta the starting blox, Ade :rofl:
Good on you!
You must be mad setting up a poll and asking folk what they’d like. It’ll only end in tears :roll_eyes:
I’m going to sit back on this one and watch it fill up and take shape. I know when it comes closer to the event I’ll probably be itching to join in, but have a busy few weeks ahead so am not going to commit.
I know it threw a curve ball at the Mad One, but I really liked the fun audience view :rofl:

1 Like

I was thinking from a network perspective that perhaps we should institute turning cameras off when people are performing? With the spotlight on the performer, one doesn’t see much of the audience video anyhow.

Happy to turn my camera and mic off when I’m performing David ! :rofl:

4 Likes

Haha we’ll see about the date and the poll, so far we are going head to head in terms of mid May dates, will keep it for next 2 weeks before we close it off and see where we are at :slight_smile: I reckon May and summer months are going to be busy for people going off for holidays after 2 years of probably much reduced ventures worldwide. For me at least until September (if at all) not many travelling in plans due to saving money to refit the bathroom :frowning: but the up side is I can work around the house a bit plus practice guitar a lot more! :fire: :guitar:

1 Like

Oh and btw who will be a Master of Ceremonies this time around? @TheMadman_tobyjenner since I took over your job would you like to have your debut as MC? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was surprised to see this topic up already but no matter Krista just agreed to sing again so I’m locking it in now before she changes her mind!! Lol. At this point any of the May/June dates are good for us, I’m not going to vote though because I don’t want to keep all of those weekends open. If we could narrow it down to 2 weekends and then finalize it later on that would be great.

1 song from us :slightly_smiling_face:

UTC -4 (I think).

3 Likes

Wow such a wonderful news Mari, really happy for Krista to be joining us over again, she got the bug eh? :grinning: I will put you down on the list as a performer in a second, in terms of dates we have 2 clear contenders there so I would keep one of those dates penciled in, either 14th or 21st May. We will see how voting goes and probably around Easter I might close the voting and take the results as they are.

2 Likes

Put my name down, date doesn’t matter (time does) but I’ll really only know for sure if I can attend closer to the time.

I’m in Brisbane, Australia - UTC+10.

1 song.

2 Likes

Audience for me again please :+1:

UTC

1 Like

It’s about time I attended one of these. I am UTC+5, but I am also retired, so as long it isn’t too late I have a pretty free schedule. We are traveling in Spain the first part of May, so I would only be able to attend a later one. Or the next one if not.

1 Like

Mark, I assume you mean UTC-5, being in that part of Florida, USA on Central Daylight Time?

Whoops! Yes, yes I did. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Adi - appreciate the consideration but not quite there on the health stability front over here. Getting there but still fluid, maybe later on in the year.

1 Like

Hi Mark great to have you on OM roster, just to confirm did you mean attending as performer or as an audience member?

No problem Toby as long as you are there playing to us that’s all that matters :wink:

1 Like