Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

I would be willing to perform. I would need info on the technical details.

Pretty much all you need is here to get you going. Feel free to ask questions in that thread if unsure.

:sunglasses:

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/open-mic-tech-talk-how-to-setup-zoom/4019/28

1 Like

Thanks Toby!

1 Like

Hi , after watching 007 I feel inspired to have a go at my debut open mic if still possible, cheers Eric

1 Like

Hi Eric that’s great to hear, what sort of big city you live in or nearby? So I can write down the timezone :slight_smile:

Fingers crossed guys 3 days after last OM and we have already 17 performers in the roster! :scream: would be so great to reach the big 2 at the front so I encourage anyone reading it to take a plunge, you couldn’t ask for a better audience as other folks learning and knowing what you are going through! :grinning:

3 Likes

This is fabulous, Adrian. Love that image for the event on the first post!

When you edit the roster again, I suggest order according to time zone so it is easy to see the distribution.

I’m going to repeat my dream again … to have OM 008-East and OM 008-West.

We are challenged to schedule the timing of the event to be at a convenient time for all members around the world.

If we have performers in the USA/Canada and Australasia then I think it makes sense to host two events with members from EMEA to choose one or the other.

Most events have been timed so that it takes place before the sun rises on the east coast of Australia. Don’t let that put you off, sign up, and we’ll accommodate all. Two so far, look forward to the rest of the folk out there signing up!

1 Like

And a big shout out to
@KevinKevan
@tRONd
@grayal
@iainism
@liaty and
@Rod58
Rocking up as first-timers on Saturday and focusing on the positive and enjoyable aspects.
It’s guys like you that encourage others to dip their toes in (or should that be take the plunge? :wink:)

11 Likes

Hi Adi, I am in a pretty rural area in Scotland, nearest large town is Inverness, thanks Eric

1 Like

Mrs Doyle GIFs | Tenor

1 Like

I’m up for another go! Hopefully I’ll be able to practice without having a cold this time!

UTC+1

4 Likes

Count me in for a performance. I vote for any time in May (-5 hours i believe)
John

1 Like

Hi John that’s great, glad to have you back in the roster! :grinning:

Hi Ade. Audience for me please. Scottish time UTC +1. :smiley:

(Targeted reply not working. Sorry to keep bringing up this issue!).

1 Like

And it is a tricky one since sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

Hi Gordon I added you to the list, are you not tempted to play that night by joining our ever growing list of performers? With your skills you would be more than fine to listen to and watch :grin: plus if you wish not to be on the final youtube video I can trim you out before uploading it. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Ade. Audience for me, please UTC+1. I can make any of the dates work

I’d hoped to make my performing debut this time, but unfortunately my fretting arm is currently in plaster and I think even after it comes off -the cast, not the arm- it’ll take me a while to get back to where I was before :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi Ian no problem once your arm will heal I am sure there will be a spot for you waiting :slight_smile:

Hi Adi, audience for me, please UTC-4
Thanks…
Mike
New Hampshire

I’m in the UK. Audience pls

1 Like