Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

That’s a shame Al but understandable, I will cross you off the list and you are always welcome to check back in :wink:

1 Like

That’s fine Adi but thank you for the heads up. :+1:

1 Like

With 6 days to go I hope you are almost ready with final bits and bobs being sorted out this week! :grinning: if anyone still wants to join please do so! If you want to increase amount of songs being performed during the evening - even better! Plenty of one songers on the list so perhaps someone will be tempted to join me and few other brave ones in doubling up? :grinning:

If you have a change of heart during the event that’s absoultely fine regardless if you are or aren’t yet on the list! All are welcome :wink:

2 Likes

Can I be added to the audience? It is mid day and I am solo parenting for the week, so my attendance is questionable, but I would like to try! Thanks!
UTC -7 Denver

1 Like

No problem Joshua glad to have you in whatever form :slight_smile: and seems Denver is actually UTC-6 :slight_smile:

Hi I am new here so forgive any foot in mouth. When is the Open mic, please and do you have a free spot where someone could ask to play on the evening? Its been a long time since I played in public.

Hi Tim and welcome to the Community. Please see the top post for more details regarding the event, if you click the link below it will transfer you over there automatically.

How many songs would you like to play and where are you based (nearest big city) and what is your UTC time zone if you know, so we can incorporate your starting time in the line up?

Hi adi
I would like to attend and listen if that is ok. If I feel confident enough is there a spot where newbies can play? If not I would still like to attend. Ive found the spot 21st MAY 2022 at 19:30 UTC
Thank you for a prompt reply. I have had major shoulder surgery since 2013 and have been unable to play during that time. Hence I lost confidence and forgot my music. Now, following surgery and meds, my fingers do not do as they are told and my brain is slow so I am starting over with Justin. From the beginning.

1 Like

We get all messed up due to our insistence on the silly daylight savings time.
It is 7:08 AM in Denver right now and Apple tells me it is 2:08 PM in London. So I’ll go with -7 for this time of year. In the fall we drop back an hour, so then it would be -8 if my math is right.
I wish we could just leave time alone. It never goes well when it is messed with in sci-fi movies….

1 Like

No problem Tim for now I will put you as an Audience member that’s fine. Newbies are also very welcomed to take part in the Open Mic no issues on what sort of level are you, however if you prefer something less drastic to start with may I recommend recording yourself and posting in our #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing section of the forum, have a look! :wink:

1 Like

please add me to the audience. I am NJ -4 UTC.

Thank you.

All done Karen :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s two from me Adi.

…but will have to reign it in for next time, I’m supposed to be on here to get back to technique practice, 100% just been practising songs for AVOYP and mic nights since joining :slightly_smiling_face:

Trust me Dave this is my constant struggle as well so either a longer gap between now and next OM or I will skip one as well :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah but you just can’t beat playing live, so a slower development is a good price to pay !
BTW I am certainly in for a brace :wink:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

So I managed to go away for 10 days without a guitar… I’m sure I’ll have something that’s passable by showtime though!

1 Like

I’m going to stay with 1 song for now. Even though it would make this nervous anticipation more worth it for more songs. I can’t remember the last time I felt this nervous and it’s still only Wednesday.
I will keep practicing, but am probably as good as I am going to get. Never really been one of those people cramming for exams the night before, just trust myself and do the best I can.

3 Likes

Looking forward to your performance Phil!
Youre going to kill it… dont think about it :grin::+1:

1 Like

1 song is great too and if you feel up to it after the first song you are more than welcome to carry on and play another! :grinning:

1 Like

A wonderfully productive evening with my daughter, who needs a distraction as up to her neck in Monkey Pock preparation (NHS Emergency Planner). Gtr tone finalised and same with Vox after I decide to put my TC Helicon PlayAcoustic to good use for once. Recordings made, uploaded to YT, shared, discussed, tweaked and she’s signed off on the package. 'Kin hope she’s right but normally is. Tomorrow its record video in Zoom meeting with myself, scary and Friday night record the usual Dry Run in case it all goes tits up in Saturday.

Never been this far ahead ! Mmm why am I worrying ? :wink:

Hope peeps rehearsals are going equally well.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes