Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

2 weeks to go folks now, still plenty of places both in audience and at performers lounge!

By the looks of answers given can we agree to start 7:30pm UTC? That way we could start looking at running order and perhaps prioritise those who don’t want to play either too late or too early in pecking order.

If yes I will update time on the first post with each person’s relevant time of the day.

1 Like

You can put us anywhere in the lineup with that start time, Adrian. Preferably not first or last though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Adi, can you put me down as a member of the audience please. Roster is looking great!

1 Like

Adi

1930 UTC is good for me but still undecided about playing. So its going to be a soul searching weekend to find something I want to play, opposed to something I just can play.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

No problem Toby as you know tweaks until last minute are acceptable here :wink: hopefully you find your mojo!

Can’t guarantee the time for the 21st yet, but would love to be included to play a song!

This is my ongoing conundrum, Toby, especially if you revise to ‘play and sing’. I hope you find your mojo :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Kenny great I will put you on the list as tentative, is your timezone UTC-4?

For easier navigation see link below to the top post of this thread for timetable - each given time is a start time of the event for a person, NOT a time when performer should perform - running order to follow next week :wink:

Timetable - top post hyperlink

1 Like

@adi_mrok my timezone is UTC-4 I believe, thanks for all the organizing.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know updated now :slight_smile:

Yessir, Thanks!

Keep up the good work, Adriaan.

Much like Toby, I’ve had a little bit of a slump, this last week due to a bout of Covid recovery, so not as ready to play as I usually am at this point. I’m practicing a new song for the repertoire but shan’t be ready but may still have another not played song ready if I get more energy in the week.

That said, 19h30 UTC start makes it late for me to be playing and singing at home, even if I am fairly early on the roster. So I’ll see how I go but perhaps this is my time to be just in the audience.

Looking at the number of participants and songs, that may be a good call anyhow to keep the event to the usual timebox.

1 Like

Hopefully you will be able to perform David but if not I understand, as I mentioned in another post to Toby no need to feel pressure to perform at each one, I myself missed one as well in the past.

Btw. David with a later start time are you okay to pick up MC role during the event so usual housekeeping duties and IT support on Zoom or would you like someone else to pick it up?

In terms of running order, I’d prefer somewhere just in the middle chunk - not first and not last please!

Time is good for me.

1 Like

Thanks Adrian.

Let’s see how it goes. A lot depends on how quickly I get back to 100% healthy, this Covid recovery is proving to be a bit of a dragging on thing.

I’d be OK to be the MC on the night. Though as per previous, I’d be happy to support somebody else stepping up to give it a go. It is not a big deal to share the way it works up front and introduce performers.

So I’d say let’s invite people to play the role and I’ll be there in reserve if there are no takers.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it. Maybe some other time.

I wish all performers and the audience lots of fun. :wink:

1 Like

7.30 is good for me Adi.

Stefan bear in mind it’s 7:30 UTC which means 8:30pm for UK time UTC+1 as per table in the original post at the top :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I now have a family event that will likely run into the evening so won’t be able to take part sorry. I will definitely be interested for a future time and really didn’t want to pull out having built the confidence to go through with it… But would rather play relaxed next time than bouncing in and out and not being present in either event.

Sorry for that and Good luck to all the performers! :smiley:

Al